Even though the features in here are exciting, this is still considered a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
Here are the detailed changes included in this release:
- Feature – We added new field types to choose from when requiring attendee information on a ticket or RSVP: Email, URL, Date of Birth, Date and Telephone.
- Feature – We’ve added integration with Event Tickets post and event filtering so that the [tribe-user-event-confirmations] shortcode supports Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce.
- Feature – Multiple shortcodes for Event Tickets Plus have been added:
- [tribe_tickets_rsvp] and [tribe_tickets] display the purchasing blocks for RSVP and tickets, just RSVP, or just tickets. Both have the post_id argument for the post/page/event for which tickets were created.
- [tribe_tickets_attendees] displays the public list of attendees. It requires the post_id of the event to display the attendees and has an optional title argument to set the title of the block in the HTML.
- [tribe_tickets_protected_content] is an enclosing shortcode where any content within its opening and closing tags will only appear if the currently logged in user does (or doesn’t if ticketed=0) have a ticket for the specified post_id (defaults to the current post if not set). You may optionally specify the ticket ID(s) in addition to the Post ID, such as ticket_ids=”32,50,90″ which checks if the attendee has a ticket to any matching ticket IDs.
- [tribe_tickets_rsvp_protected_content] is an enclosing shortcode where any content within its opening and closing tags will only appear if the currently logged in user either does or doesn’t have an RSVP for the specified post_id (defaults to the current post if not set). You may optionally specify RSVP IDs in addition to the Post ID, such as rsvp_ids=”32,50,90″ which checks if the attendee has an RSVP to any of the RSVP IDs.
- For anyone using our past extension (no longer available) that introduced these shortcodes, the extension will be deactivated automatically to avoid conflicts.
- Feature – We’ve updated the orders-tickets template to account for a passed post to be of an unregistered post type, such as for an Event post when The Events Calendar plugin is disabled.
- Hooks – https://docs.theeventscalendar.com/reference/since/event.tickets.plus4.12.1/
- Language – 15 new strings added, 38 updated, 1 fuzzied, and 4 obsoleted