Virtual Events 1.0.3 features the addition of filters so that users can easily change the “virtual events” phrase, as well as a new filter for Virtual Events when using Filter Bar.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
New features included in this release
- We have added specific filtering for the “virtual” term and utilize it in our filters for “Virtual Event(s)”. You can read more about how to do that here.
- We have added settings to allow showing virtual content to logged-in users only.
- We added virtual events as a radio button filter for Filter Bar.
- We also added a check using the Zoom API to automatically update the meeting password in your site when visiting the admin editor for an event or when visiting the front-end of the event on a 1 hour interval.
- We have added virtual event info to the Google Calendar and iCal exports, so that virtual events will be included when exporting events from the single event page.
- We changed the tooltip for the virtual icon to say “Virtual” and added a blue hover state to the icon.
- We changed a warning message for unembeddable links to something more informative. We also now include a link to WP oEmbed page.
- We now allow disabling Zoom connection and link generation from an event by returning false using the new filter
- We have moved all Virtual Events CSS rules within the
.virtual-event-wrapper.eventtablewrapper to add specificity so generic form field rules don’t accidentally get overriden, such as by the theme or Community Events when displayed on the front-end.
Bugs that were squashed in this release
- We now prevent the current URL from being returned for the Zoom join URL when an empty event ID is used and prevent certain
get_post_metacalls from being done in that case.
- We fixed an issue where the plugin translations were not being correctly loaded on non-English websites.
Updated language files and strings
- Language – 21 new strings added, 17 updated, 2 fuzzied, and 8 obsoleted