The Events Calendar 5.2.0 improves the ability to customize the calendar, and includes bug fixes related to WPML.
This is a minor release with no template updates, so it should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
New features included in this release:
- We now use the
border-smallclass in CSS for the “Today” button and have added new border button styles to the WordPress Customizer.
- We added missing CSS classes to the Event Categories label on the event single.
- We have improved the appearance of the filters in Filter Bar so they are able to open and close seamlessly.
- We adjusted the spacing around the calendar header to prevent screen overflow.
- We have removed the Filter Bar “Submit” button so that filters automatically update.
- Filter Bar now honors the default open and close state between selections.
Bugs that were squashed in this release:
- We have fixed the order of the List View when the Pro settings are set to show only the first instance of a recurring event.
- We resolved a PHP error that arose when creating some strings that were translated with the WPML plugin.
- We also fixed a compatibility issue with the WPML plugin that would prevent some options from being correctly translated.
- We have changed the generation and usage of translated strings that would cause issues with the WPML plugin.
The following template filter was added:
This filter controls how templates are displayed in the context of the latest Past Events view.
20 strings were updated with this release and 2 new strings were added:
- 2 new strings added
- 20 strings updated
- 0 fuzzied
- 0 obseleted