Hey there! The Events Calendar 5.1.5 is out and features fixes to permalinks for translated sites and timezone display when using the block editor.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
Here are the detailed changes included in the release:
- Tweak – We have added filters to open external event links in new tabs.
- Tweak – We have removed admin notifications for Virtual Events and Gutenberg.
- Tweak – We modified parameters on register_rest_route to include permission_callback to prevent notices on WordPress 5.5.
- Fix – We resolved a bug that displayed the wrong dates in the mobile month view date marker in UTC timezones.
- Fix – We fixed the display order of events starting on the same date and time to ensure that it’s consistent.
- Fix – We fixed the handling of URLs when using translations in Views to ensure that fully localized View URLs work as expected.
- Fix – When the “Show The Events Calender link” is checked, the link appears properly on the front end.
- Fix – The proper timezone now displays with the block editor when creating a new event.
- Fix – We have fixed a PHP error that appeared when you enable the ‘Include events in main blog loop’ option in general settings and the home page is set to the main events page.
- Fix – We resolved WordPress REST API authentication errors related to null returns. Props to @ahaurat
- Language – 0 new strings added, 55 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 6 obsoleted