Howdy friends! We have a new release focusing on a handle of fixes and updates that detect which e-commerce providers are active.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
Here are the detailed changes included in this release:
- Feature – Add trigger actions (attendee registered, attendee check in) in WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads to notify the Promoter add-on.
- Fix – Do not run our commerce provider integration code if that provider’s core plugin is not currently active. For example, no fatal error should occur if an event has sold a WooCommerce ticket but now the core WooCommerce plugin is disabled.
- Tweak – Added the tribe_tickets_is_woocommerce_active() function (one for Easy Digital Downloads already existed).
- Tweak – Display all of a post’s order tabs in the Attendees Report admin screen. Example: if a post’s ticket provider was Easy Digital Downloads Tickets and such tickets were sold, then the post’s provider changed to WooCommerce Tickets, the Attendees Report screen should show both the Easy Digital Downloads order history tab and the WooCommerce order history tab, regardless of which ticket provider is currently the default.
- Tweak – Update usage of Event Tickets’ \Tribe__Tickets__Tickets::get_ticket_provider_instance(), as it now returns a class instance instead of class name string.
- Tweak – Use Event Tickets’ new \Tribe__Tickets__Tickets::get_attendee_optout_key() to simplify getting the optout key regardless of ticket provider class and accounting for legacy code.
- Tweak – Add labels to each select input for the Attendee Information’s Birth Date field.
- Tweak – Modify parameters on register_rest_route to include permission_callback to prevent notices on WordPress 5.5.
- Hooks – https://docs.theeventscalendar.com/reference/since/event.tickets.plus4.12.3/
- Language – 3 new strings added, 38 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted