Howdy! Today’s release of Event Tickets Plus 4.11.2 brings support for ticket sales pricing for WooCommerce users, fixing the default end-date for ticket sales, and plenty more.
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.
On to the changelogs:
- Feature – Translating terms, like “RSVP” and “tickets,” is important. We’re providing an additional implementation of dynamic ticket text functions so singular and plural versions of “ticket” change in more areas when filtered. We are implementing new functions from Event Tickets to easily rename ticket types and ensure consistent wording. Many translated strings will need updating. Translated strings will need updating. You can contribue or just change a bit of wording.
- Fix – We’ve added support to show discount pricing for tickets. In addition to setting a “sale” price for a ticket, the original price will display on the ticket block if a ticket is on sale. We are correcting checks to WooCommerce is_on_sale(), get_regular_price() and get_sale_price().
- Fix – We corrected text domain strings that did not match event-tickets-plus. These previously caused translation issues.
- Fix – We should not automatically set an end sale date, particularly not the published date of the post. Instead, we are leaving it blank and you can set an end date. We’re ensuring that we are correctly checking ticket_end_date when saving the ticket start and end date from the ticket editor.
- Fix – Some users found plugin conflicts after completing the attendee registration page and moving on to the WooCommerce checkout. We stopped adding the &provider=tribe_wooticket query argument to WooCommerce Cart and Checkout URLs if there aren’t tickets in the cart.
- Tweak – Now we enable a security code check during QR check-in by default. We’ve modified a filter to make this happen.
- Tweak – As part of the work on translation issues, we cleaned up additional escaping in the woocommerce-metabox-capacity admin-view template and adjusted code formatting of some view templates.
- Tweak – We’ve been working on our Public Attendees information. We added a note to the Public Attendees List opt-out checkbox in tickets admin (only for Classic editor).
- Tweak – Removed filters:
- Tweak – Updated plugin templates:
- Plugin Hooks – https://docs.theeventscalendar.com/reference/since/event.tickets.plus4.11.2
- Language – 50 new strings added, 68 updated, 29 fuzzied, and 43 obsoleted