Wrong tickets are being sent out!!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Wrong tickets are being sent out!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andreas
    Participant

Hello,

we have a pretty big problem. We\’re started our ticket sales yesterday. Everything was going well until we started to mark multiple payed tickets and \”bulk completed\” them.

Some of our customers were so honest to tell us they were recieving more than the tickets they had orders. They recieved theirs plus tickets with different ticket numbers.

We think that they recieved tickets from other customers we had marked as completed.

When completing single orders everything went well and the ordered tickets were sent out.

Could you please help us to look into this problem? This is pretty dangerous as we could lose ALLOT of money if people aren\’t honest and then take they friends with them because they basically recieved free tickets.

Cliff

Hi, Andreas.

I tried replicating this but couldn’t. Here’s a video of my testing: https://cl.ly/201C3N3r1G0X

Please let me know if I missed a step.

Because this isn’t currently a confirmed issue, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins and WooCommerce core) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply.

That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Andreas
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

thx for the reply. I am up to date on all the plugins – I will try the testing for conflicts guide tonight.

Just one thing – In your video you chose the orders that were “On Hold”. I chose orders that were in “processing”. Basically the ones that were payed by paypal and the payment was already confirmed.

Maybe you could also try completing those for me?

I will get back to you once I’ve tested everthing on a testing server!

Thx again,
    Phil

Cliff

Using Check Payments, not PayPal (since I can’t pay myself), I changed from On Hold to Processing, then I Bulk Changed from Processing to Completed and the Ticket email didn’t get sent at all. Here’s the video: https://cl.ly/1F3T0d0y2b3b

This isn’t the exact same issue as you’re reporting, but I’ve logged the one I was able to produce.

If you’re able to reproduce your issue with just the minimal plugins and Twenty Seventeen theme and PayPal payment, then we’ll log that as well. If not, then keep troubleshooting after switching to your theme and after re-activating other plugins, especially WooCommerce-related ones.

Please let me know what you find out.

Cliff

Andreas, as I said in my prior reply, I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue you reported. Is it still happening for you?

Our developers investigated the issue that I discovered and confirmed it wasn’t a bug but a misunderstanding of how things work.

Since we didn’t hear back from you that you were struggling with that, we need to confirm if you still have issues with ticket emails getting sent to the wrong recipients.

If yes, please share a screen capture video demonstrate exactly what’s happening here. You could do this by setting up a temporary event, buy a ticket from your personal paypal (or enable Sandbox mode), buy a ticket as a 2nd buyer, then bulk-complete the orders and see if they go to the wrong/other buyer.

Thanks for your efforts here to help us understand this issue, since we weren’t able to replicate it.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong tickets are being sent out!!’ is closed to new replies.