WP Router Placeholder Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events WP Router Placeholder Page

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Thanks for the heads up, Jim – and for the words about your experience so far. We really appreciate it and your support; it’s what keeps us going at this from day to day. The information you’ve provided above is solid and should be of value to other users who come with the same concern down the road.

As for the WP_Router issue…we do have that on the radar for our next release after 2.0.7, which was locked down already by the time we figured out a fix (and is shipping next week). This means it’ll be out in our 2.0.8 build at the start of July. Thanks for your patience and bearing with us in the interim. If we can do anything else just holler.

John Paul
    Participant

I don’t know what world your company lives in, but expecting people to wait 2 months for a fix is just stupid. Maybe you should “unlock” your update instead of pretending like you’re Microsoft or something.

Rob

Hi, John. We appreciate the follow-up, but there’s no need to get rude. Among thousands of customers, you’re one of the first to raise a serious complaint about the development timetable we work on. It seems like you’ve got a specific idea of the type of company you want to do business with and I’m confident such an organization exists out there.

I’m sorry we let you down. Best of luck with whatever solution you decide to go with down the road.

Matt

Same problem. I am adding the PAID Community tool to an existing website with thousands of links related which point to %category% URLs, and I cannot use CE until this is fixed. Can you give an update as to the fix schedule? You said ASAP 39 days ago….
    using WP 3.4
    CE 1.0.1
    WebSynthesis Hosting.
    Genesis Framework.

Jim McClain
    Participant

Matt, as Rob said on June 1, the fix wasn’t discovered in time for the June update and would be included in the July release. Please be patient.

Jim

Jesse

Also having this issue… It happened all of a sudden and don’t know what caused it (I haven’t made any recent changes to permalinks). I do remember however confirming the automated WordPress database update prompt.

Just letting you know I’m experiencing this issue too and am awaiting patiently the next release! Thanks for your great work, Rob, Jonah, and team.

Rob

Thanks for the notes, guys, and for your patience in bearing with us as we work to figure this out. As Jesse’s note indicated, the update to WordPress 3.4 introduced a bug in 1.0.1 that causes anyone attempting to view “My Events” to land on that WP Router placeholder page instead. We’re deploying 1.0.1.1 today to fix this and so you should be all set on that end, once the update is pushed.

As Jim mentioned, the less-widespread issue that initially caused this is also in the works and will be included in next month’s (1.0.2) monthly maintenance release.

Rob

Hi guys: just a heads up that 1.0.1.1, which should fix the broader (non-permalink specific) issue, has been released today: https://theeventscalendar.com/release-community-events-1-0-1-1/. It seems to resolve the bug on our end…but please give the update a shot and let us know if you’re still having issues with this. Thanks to everyone for their patience so far.

Matt

1.0.1.1 fixed the entire WP-Router issue thing for me.. THANKS! Time to promote community events!

robert
    Participant

Looks like 1.0.1.1 also fixed the WP-Router issue for me.

Rob

Fantastic! Thanks for confirming, guys. That’s great news and we appreciate the heads up.

Ian Ray
    Participant

Didn’t show up in the WP updates, and had to manually download 1.0.1.1. However, this but did not fix the WP-Router problem for me.

As for permalink structure, I am using “Month and name” standard.

Mike
    Participant

I manually downloaded and installed 1.0.1.1. WordPress Version 3.4. When I open the My Events link I am taken to a Log In page “please log in to see your events” even though I am logged in as admin. When I input my user name and password I am directed to WP Router Placeholder page.
    I have to clear the cache to get the links page to direct me to the My Events (with the log in) from the Community tab. This all worked so well before 3.4! Will the upcoming July update be different from the 1.0.1.1?

Jonah
    Participant

@ian – have you tried clearing your permalinks by clicking Save @ Settings > Permalinks?

@Mike – can you provide us WP admin access to your site? You can email credentials to pro [at] tri [dot] be and please reference this thread.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Ian Ray
    Participant

@jonah Thanks for looking into this and responding quickly, but that did not correct the issue. I am emailing admin access to you guys.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Router Placeholder Page’ is closed to new replies.