would like to submit a possible bug

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions would like to submit a possible bug

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

We have the non-profit discount, but we are planning to buy the full-price version.

I just wanted to submit a possible bug.

When creating a new event, if no venue is selected or entered and the event is published or saved as draft, a new blank venue will be created. We end up with several blank venues which we have to delete.

Eric

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

I did some testing on my end but was not able to recreate the issue. I would recommend checking that you are running the latest versions of the plugins (TEC: 4.5.12.2 and Pro: 4.4.17). If you’re not on the latest versions, you can update by following these instructions.

If you’re still running into this issue with the latest versions, the next step would be testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins.

If you need further assistance troubleshooting, you’ll be able to post in our premium support forums after purchasing a license. We’ll be happy to help you get this figured out over there!

I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Eric
    Participant

I tested this again and it is still creating an empty venue.

I disabled all plugins except for TEC (4.6) and TEC Pro (4.4.17). WordPress 4.8.2.

Here are the steps:

1) click add new event
    2) type in event title
    3) click save draft

The venue dropdown will have a blank venue selected under My Venues.

Also, if I set the date without entering a title then click save draft, it will not retain my dates.

1) set dates
    2) click save draft

The dates will revert to today’s date.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for following up and outlining those steps. I tested them out but was not able to recreate the issue with a blank venue being created. When I hit “Save Draft”, the venue box was blank but no venue was selected.

Regarding the dates, the title is a required field, so the event won’t be saved without it. You can always go back and change the title though, along with the permalink that is displayed underneath it.

If you need further assistance with troubleshooting the venue issue, can you please post this question over in our community forum on wordpress.org? You can also get in-depth support in our premium forums here by purchasing a premium license. We use our Pre-Sales forum to answer questions on product features for those interested in purchasing them.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Eric
    Participant

Thanks. This may still be an obscure bug.

I don’t know if this is something particular to my environment (seems possibly not), but when I serialize the form data to the console before submitting a completely new event, I can see that the new venue address is being prepopulated even though the new venue is blank. This appears to be what is causing the blank venue to be saved.

For your testing, try creating a few venues and events with those venues. Then try to replicate.

You may want to pass this info on to your developers. They may know what is going on with the venue address.

Thanks for your help. It’s definitely a problem for us because it’s not uncommon to save a draft without the venue, and blank venues keep piling up.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

I did check with my team on this one, and none of us have been able to recreate the issue. I did notice you mentioned that you tried testing with all other plugins disabled, but I would recommend testing with a default theme as well (and all other plugins disabled). However, we cannot provide support here in our Pre-Sales forum, so if you still need assistance with this, please let us know over in our community forum or in our premium forums by purchasing a license.

Thank you!

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘would like to submit a possible bug’ is closed to new replies.