WooTickets and Visual Composer Conflict

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets and Visual Composer Conflict

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    indycourses
    Participant

Hi,

Using https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/, I was able to track down a conflict with WPBakery Visual Composer.

When the plugin is active I can’t add tickets to my cart; as soon as Visual Composer is deactivated it works. The issue is there is a make-or-break dependency on Visual Composer with this site. To further complicate things, it is connected to a theme which has Visual Composer frozen at version 4.7.4; meaning we don’t have a specific license to update the plugin.

Any help, advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Geoff B.

Good evening Roxane and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Visual Composer conflict you are experiencing.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your system information in a private reply ? (following the instructions found in the link)

Secondly, would you mind providing a bit more information on the theme you are using ?

Furthermore, could you try going over to Visual Composer -> Role manager and telling me what is your setting for Post types ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

indycourses
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Roxane,

Thank you for sharing your system information.

I have a couple of suggestions for you (hopefully, this help):

1. I am noticing that your Event Tickets Plus plugin is a couple of versions behind (4.05 instead of 4.1.2). Could you try updating it to see if it makes any difference. In fact, I am noticing that to be the case too for: Community Events Tickets, Community Events and Filter bar.
    2. Other than that, I went on the theme’s website and apparently version 4.7.4 also breaks with WordPress 4.5. So if I were you, I would ask the theme author for either an updated VC version on their theme (which usually involves costs for them so I’m not sure how long that would take) OR better yet how to release VC from there so that you can have it as a separate plugin on the side (thus solving your issue)
    3. If none of the above works for you, then you might have to do the exact opposite of my first suggestion, which is to roll back to previous versions of our plugins (always trying to keep matching version numbers) until you find one that doesn’t conflict with your version of VC. You can find previous versions of our premium plugins on your download page and previous versions of our free plugins under the Developers tab (e.g.: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

indycourses
    Participant

Thank you.

I will work through the plugin updates.

I also found in the NorthCol comments on themeforest that they are aware of the VC issue with WP 4.5 and are working on a new release.

I appreciate your guidance.

Geoff B.

Good morning Roxane,

My pleasure and I hope this works out for you.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week-end!

Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets and Visual Composer Conflict’ is closed to new replies.