With each feed refresh my posts are moved back to pending

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator With each feed refresh my posts are moved back to pending

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    Participant

Hi there,

I just got the ical importer installed and every time there is a refresh import, by posts go back to pending. I’ve spent a lot of time fixing formatting, adding pricing, etc – and it’s thrown out the window. Can you help make this stop. Thanks.

George
    Participant

Hey Allison,

Really sorry to hear about these issues on your site! We’re about to head into a three-day weekend with the Labor Day holiday on Monday and all, so I’ll leave you with two steps that you can do here that will help immensely with troubleshooting, since I’m unable to reproduce these problems:

First is to share your system information with us, which you can learn to do here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Next, run through our complete troubleshooting steps as outlined here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Do a test import after each step in that process, and see if the behavior of your problem is changed at all. If the issue doesn’t seem to be happening after a specific deactivation, then that means there’s a code conflict with that theme or plugin and we can continue from there.

Thank you in advance for doing both steps here, if you’re able to!

— George

Allison
    Participant

This reply is private.

Allison
    Participant

Hi again,
    Just wondering about this message – I know you were not available over the Labor Day weekend, so I was really hoping to get this resolved today. Or, at the very least, have a response.

George
    Participant

Hey Allison,

I’m sorry that the issue persisted even as you changed themes and such….

That is really odd behavior and I still cannot recreate this at all.

There are three things I’d recommend from here:

First, upgrade your version of WordPress to the most recent version, which is currently 4.3.

After that, I’d recommend updating all of your Tribe plugins to 3.12, which is the update we just pushed this morning.

Finally, after updating everything, go to the “General” tab of your Events > Import page. There’s a setting there called “Default imported event status”, which your “System Information” reveals you have set to “pending”.

Change that to “Published” and see if your issues persist. Here’s a screenshot of this option for reference → https://cloudup.com/cW3y5WzpUlT

Thank you!
    George

Allison
    Participant

Hi,
    I’d assume moving it to publish will automatically publish it to my calendar, right? I don’t want to do that – particularly because there are some issues with some feeds coming in where double spaces are being replaced with “n”. Should I still switch it?

George
    Participant

Hey Allison,

My recommendation for making that switch was just for testing purposes to see if that setting is a factor here – I’d still recommend testing this, but if you don’t want to, no worries! In other words, I only meant that if you change the setting and attempt an import again, does the issue persist? Regardless of your result of that test, immediately after it you can delete any event that was imported and set the setting back to “Pending”.

I have had trouble producing your same error, but two things have happened since your thread has started here: first, another Tribe team member has produced your error, and so our developers are now working hard on a maintenance release for both The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar: iCal Importer. Next, I’ve since been trying to reproduce the error so that I could hopefully offer some better help here, but for me, no matter what I try on my local testing site, I keep encountering this error and cannot import a file:

I’m exploring this and do have some odd configurations on my local test site, so this may not be a bug for everyone, but the point here is that there is, indeed a bug here on some level regarding the event statuses after import. Regardless of the test I recommended above, then, this bug is also affecting you and your site.

I’m really sorry about that, Allison – we just updated our entire plugin suite which is a massive release process, and therefore a massive testing process. We test very hard but this fell through the cracks and I’m sorry you’re dealing with this!

The Next Steps

So, with all this in mind, there are still two steps I’d recommend to you that are worth doing:

1. Update your version of WordPress to the most recent version, 4.3

2. Update all your Tribe plugins to their most recent version, currently version 3.12 – the bug does indeed seem to persist here, but there are many other improvements that are worth having and a better codebase to have on your site. This will also put you in a better position for upgrading to our maintenance release which will address the bug – i.e., it’s a smaller leap from 3.12 to 3.12.1 than it is from 3.11.1 to 3.12.1

Thank you for your patience Allison, I realize how urgently you wanted this to be resolved and am sorry that things didn’t move as quickly as we’d ideally hope for.

This thread is my main support priority at the moment and I will post as soon as our maintenance release is ready for you to use – please let me know if you have any other questions, comments, concerns, frustrations, anything at all in the meantime.

Thank you – and stay tuned!

Sincerely,
    George

Kevin
    Participant

Hi — I have exactly the same problem as Allison and was going to post it… then I found this. I even have those strange “n”s like Allison. I have all the latest versions of Events Calendar Pro and WordPress. I seem to have read that each time that events are imported using the ical feed, it overwrites any entry that was previously imported. But, like Allison, I make several changes to the event after the initial import and don’t want it to revert to the original import format. And, like Allison, I don’t want a published event to change back to pending. I did experiment with changing the import setting to published and the re-imported events stayed published, BUT still reverted back to the format of the original import (which means that I lost all of my changes). I do want to keep importing from the same feed to capture new events, but don’t want already imported events to change. Is the way it works now a feature or a bug?

George
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

I’m sorry you’re facing similar problems here, and it is indeed a bug that we are hoping to fix as soon as possible – we have a maintenance release coming soon, which will be released by the end of this week if everything goes to plan with it. This release alone may resolve the bug here and fix this.

I’m really sorry about these problems! Please let me know if you have any thoughts on all this or if there’s anything else I can help with.

Cheers,
    George

Geoff

Hello Allison,

Just want to let you know that we just shipped an update and a patch for this issue was included. Please update and feel free to drop us a new note if you continue to bump into any issues with this. We appreciate your patience while we worked on this–thanks for your support!

Cheers,
    Geoff

George
    Participant

Woot, thanks for the update Geoff – give the update a try, Allison, I hope it helps! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘With each feed refresh my posts are moved back to pending’ is closed to new replies.