Widget

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

Dear support!

I have added a widget to a page and want to add the filter category. The widget allows me to do see the categories but when I add the one I want, hit save and publish the filter does not work and will only show all the events I have for all my artists.

Can anybody help?

Best,
    Tommy

http://www.livejazzbooking.com/gilad/

Simon
    Participant

I have exactly the same issue with the Events List widget. It just displays all events and doesn’t heed tags or the filter categories. Just to speed things along, I tried the widget with the same setup in wp 2016 theme and got the same error, so it’s not theme related.

Simon
    Participant

Interestingly, when I go back in to edit the widget after first saving it, the filter has not been remembered and sits on the ‘Select’ option on the dropdown. So it doesn’t seem to be writing the filter selection to the db.

Cliff

Hi, Tommy and Simon. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I’d suggest following our recommended troubleshooting steps (below).

Simon, please follow along below and open your own separate ticket if you don’t get it solved.

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to TwentySixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any PHP errors you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts mode).

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Simon
    Participant

Did the lot Cliff. In 2016 with all other plugins disabled, I still got the next event rather than the filtered event. WP_Debug threw up one error in my footer re mail chimp widget. Removed it from the site completely…..no change.

Just don’t get it and really disappointed. This was why I went pro.

Cliff

Simon, sorry this isn’t resolved for you yet. Please open your own new thread. Thank you.

Tommy, any updates from your end?

Tommy
    Participant

Dear Cliff,

I did try all of your suggestions.

I didn’t get the whole WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG thing.

This shouldn’t be so complicated it says that is compatable with my theme, so then it should work right?

Don’t know what to do now!

It still behaves the same way.

Best,
    Tommy

Cliff

Tommy, it still didn’t work when you switched to Twenty Sixteen and all non-Modern Tribe plugins were disabled?

Please send me your System Information report while your site is in this Testing for Conflicts Mode.

Tommy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to TwentySixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts mode).

Thanks.

Tommy
    Participant

Hi cliff,

I think I found the reason now I have a Plugin that makes me design the pages with columns and add widget to the columns I really need that plugin to get the view of my page design but it seams to not work well with the widget from The Event Calendar. The Plugin is called “Page Builder by SiteOrigin”

How do a continue?

Best,
    Tommy

Tommy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tommy
    Participant

Here is how the widget looks when I try to select artist. It doesn’t behave the same way as if you place it normally in the widget site which actually works fine. but that will place the same calendar on all pages. thats why I want to be able to add it specifically to one page.

Does that make sense?

Tommy
    Participant

Another picture

Tommy
    Participant

With the normal widget site you will be able to see that the artist is saved see picture below.
    You don’t get that in the examples above

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget’ is closed to new replies.