White page after editing an Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO White page after editing an Event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

After I edit an event, date or time for example I get a white page, in console I see no errors, but network tab says post.php has a status of 500.

Error logs have the following – [Tue Oct 03 13:36:21.113517 2017] [:error] [pid 2993] [client 127.0.0.1:55667] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence__Series_Rules_Factory::build_from() must be of the type array, string given, called in /home/18608-43002.cloudwaysapps.com/vefwfbuktv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php on line 1074 and defined in /home/18608-43002.cloudwaysapps.com/vefwfbuktv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Series_Rules_Factory.php:32\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/18608-43002.cloudwaysapps.com/vefwfbuktv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php(1074): Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence__Series_Rules_Factory->build_from(‘a:3:{s:5:”rules…’, ‘rules’)\n#1 /home/18608-43002.cloudwaysapps.com/vefwfbuktv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Events_Saver.php(45): Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence__Meta::get_recurrence_for_event(32553)\n#2 /home/18608-43002.cloudwaysapps.com/vefwfbuktv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/ in /home/18608-43002.cloudwaysapps.com/vefwfbuktv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Series_Rules_Factory.php on line 32, referer: https://www.kendallsq.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=32149&action=edit

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out!

Your hunch is probably correct, that it is related to a conflict.  Have you tried deactivating Piklist and testing if you get the same error?  If not, I would recommend that you do so.  If you are still getting the error, and are having the same issue after deactivating Piklist, I’d recommend that you test for conflicts as a next step.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

so, I did deactivate the plugin and worked as expected. The issue is that the site is kind of built around Piklist (like ACF) and can’t remain deactivated.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for testing that.  As you may have gathered from reading some of the previous threads, we do not have an immediate fix for this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

Alas, I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.
    They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.
    Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

In the meantime, you might want to reach out to the plugin’s author in case they see something obvious we might have missed at first glance.

Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to assist you in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Nathan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st November 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue, preventing the Fatal errors from occurring when Piklist plugin is active.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-november-2017/

Please note that this fix might not be perfect because we still encounter problems when updates to the recurrence won’t “stick” when the Piklist plugin is active.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘White page after editing an Event’ is closed to new replies.