Which plugins do I need?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Which plugins do I need?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jon Bradley

I’m looking at adding a booking system to a clients site for a number of conferences through the year. I’m therefore looking at the Events Ticket Plus plugin. Do I also need Events Calendar Pro or is that not necessary if I’m happy to manually add links to the different events through the year? Or is Events Calendar Pro required as a base element to Events Ticket Plus?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Bradley

I’m just trying this by installing the free versions of each plugin. Is it right that I can’t add a ticket to an event without the ‘plus’ version of Event Tickets?

I know I can’t use third-party payment gateways or customise the registration fields but at the moment I can only add an RSVP to the event and not a ticket.

As I say I’m just trying to test this out to see how it might work before I shell out for the pro plugins.

Thanks,

Jon

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

Event Tickets is required to use Event Tickets Plus, but Events Calendar Pro is not. You can use The Events Calendar (free) in conjunction with Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus to add tickets to events, or you can also add tickets to other post types besides events, such as traditional posts or pages.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jon Bradley

Thanks, I think my second question still stands. I’ve just installed Event Tickets but can only see the option to add an RSVP and not a ticket – am I missing something in the setup?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

With Event Tickets, you can sell tickets directly through PayPal, but if you want to integrate with WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads to sell tickets, then you would need Event Tickets Plus.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Event Tickets Plus for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Sorry, I think we are replying to each other at the same time here…Unless you are using Tribe Commerce to sell tickets directly through PayPal, then you will only be able to add RSVPs when using Event Tickets.

Jon Bradley

Yes, replies are crossing over – sorry for the confusion. I think I’ve got it now. I’ve managed to do a test Tribe Commerce setup which seems to work pretty well.

Am I right that with Event Tickets Plus I can…

Customise registration fields so I can collect additional data from ticket buyers (accommodation preference, seminar choice etc.)

and

Use WooCommerce and therefore Stripe for the payment gateway

?

Thanks,

Jon

Jennifer
    Keymaster

You are correct! ET+ lets you create custom fields for each attendee, and it does integrate with WooCommerce, which includes support for Stripe.

Jon Bradley

Great, thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem! Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Which plugins do I need?’ is closed to new replies.