When the Community Cannot Post Their Events…

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events When the Community Cannot Post Their Events…

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jennifer.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant

We paid $89 2 months ago and our “community” STILL cannot upload their events. Every single time they receive an error / spam message. And sometimes it looks like it goes through and it doesn’t. Please help!

George
    Participant

Hey Jennifer,

It sounds like these features are an important part of your site. With that in mind, last month Cliff gave you some specific steps that would help reveal the cause of your problems: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/users-cant-post-events-using-community-events/

You never responded to those queries. Can you respond to those queries here in this thread and let us know what you find?

Thanks,
    George

Jennifer
    Participant

Hello.

Thanks for your follow up. Perhaps we are not proficient enough in the world of coding, because we cannot get this to work. And we cannot afford to switch over to the Twenty theme and reset all plugins etc. to start over. We simply need our readers to be able to upload their events. We were going to purchase your other plugin to have them aggregate from other sites but honestly, if this can’t be fixed, we cannot keep using this plugin.

We can be reached at [email protected]. If this can’t be resolved we need to ask for our $89 back because we have never, ever been able to use this feature we purchased nearly three months ago.

Thanks,
    Holly & Jen (LiveNewton.net)

George
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I totally get your frustrations here and am sorry about these issues. Since we cannot recreate any of the issues your describe, the only way we could actually help resolve these problems is to start with the steps Cliff listed in the other thread.

If you cannot do those steps, and want a refund instead, then you can seek a refund by using the form here ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

— George

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Jennifer,

I would be happy to help you solve this problem, but for that I need your help as we cannot re-create the issue you have described.

I understand that you don’t want to do tests on your live site. Would it be possible for you to create a copy of your site and set it up as a staging site, where tests could be done without ever disrupting your live site? If you need help with this let me know.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Jennifer
    Participant

Thank you for your offer of help, Andras, I appreciate it. I have to admit, I’ve never done a “test site” and have no idea how to go about it. Is it something to be done through our hosting company?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I believe your hosting company could help in that.

Here is a rough outline of how I would approach it.

I see you have UpdraftPlus. I don’t know if you have a premium version, but if you do, you can do a site migration with that. For migrating with UpdraftPlus you will need either the premium version, or you can get the Migrator for $30. Once you have that you can follow this documentation to migrate your site.

If you rather go the manual way, then something like this:

• Create a subdomain or get a domain for your staging site
    • Create a new folder on the server for your site and point the staging domain to this folder
    • Copy all your site files to this folder
    • Create a new database for the staging site
    • Copy the contents of your live database to the new one
    • Edit the staging site’s wp-config.php file so it can access the new database
    • In the new database go to the wp_options table and modify the first 2 rows which are “siteurl” and “home” so the option_value shows the url of the staging site
    • You should be able to now log in to the staging site admin
    • Install the “Velvet Blues Update URLs” on your staging site
    • With the help of this plugin you can change the URL of your site across all posts and entries (https://s.w.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/screenshot-1.png?r=1619463)

Your staging site should be all set and you can start testing.

And again, I’m sure your provider will be able to help you with this as well, in case you get stuck.

Does this help?

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Oh, and the 3rd approach is setting up a new site from the ground up on a new domain / subdomain. Then adding the theme and the plugins. Then importing your content.

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘When the Community Cannot Post Their Events…’ is closed to new replies.