Weekly Recurring events show up daily on only some months….

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Weekly Recurring events show up daily on only some months….

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Joey Kudish

Hi all,

I was able to duplicate this issue locally by:

a. setting up a recurring event on the 31st of every month
    b. setting a default timezone in my theme’s functions.php file with date_default_timezone_set(‘America/Montreal’); [the problem appeared with any timezone that I put in there]

While I was able to identify this is a bug, I wasn’t able to find an immediate solution for it. So I’ve now logged it in our system to be reviewed for the next release (or possibly the one after the next). In the mean time, the easy fix would be to search your other plugins and themes and remove the date_default_timezone_set() function wherever it’s being called. WordPress handles timezones internally so other plugins or themes don’t have a compelling reason to change it. That being said, it’s still a bug so we’ll have to fix it.

Cheers

Spoa

I’ve also experienced this exact issue. Please include this in the next available release.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Spoa, the fix for this will make it in as soon as we can. Thanks for being patient! In the interim you can follow the instructions provided by Joey to search for other themes or plugins that are using the date_default_timezone_set() and modify/remove them.

Spoa

Ya, I looked at all my plugins and 5 of my site critical plugins use this function. So, I’m not necessarily interested in messing with my site that much. I look forward to the update. BTW, what is the timeframe for the next release? A ball park date would be fine.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Spoa, we’re going to be doing at least one more dot release 2.0.7 in the next month or two and then it’s on to 2.1 after that if there’s not another dot release.

Mike
    Participant

I am using The Events Calendar Pro 2.0.7 downloaded in June 2012 and have this problem with weekly recurring events. Weekly recurring that begin or have an instance that occurs on the last day of the month display daily in month immediately following, then weekly thereafter.
    Weekly events that begin on days other than the last day of the month seem to be ok. Did 2.0.7 fix this issue for others?

Rob

Hey Mike. Thanks for the heads up here, and sorry that you’re having problems. I am working with another user who has reported a similar issue after installing 2.0.7…and so while I’m unable to recreate it myself, it is possible there’s a bug introduced.

Have you checked whether this is a conflict with another plugin or the theme? Testing this is easy; just deactivate other plugins one-by-one and, if the issue persists with just The Events Calendar + PRO active, revert to the default 2011 theme. That will let us see whether this is a conflict of some kind. You should also try changing your permalinks to a structure like /%postname%/ and resaving from there.

If the issue persists…can you give me the specific criteria for the event you created? Here’s what I used for my attempt to recreate (http://d.pr/i/h4o6) and it worked fine. It’s possible the issue is specific to the event details, though, so if I can recreate yours exactly that may shed some light in it. Let’s try the deactivation route before this, though. We’ll do what we can on our end to assist.

Mike
    Participant

Hello Rob:
    I am using a Child Theme of Woo Theme Continuum. With all other plugins deactivated and just The Events Calendar and Pro activated the problem persists. When I change theme to just original Woo Theme Continuum everything works fine. So, the issue is within the Child Theme. I did not develop it so I will have to try to figure this one out. Any idea of what function I am looking for? Is date_default_timezone_set() still considered a problem? Any other? The problem occurs only for
    1.0 Weekly recurring events in the month following initial occurrence
    2.0 Any event, including recurrence “none” events, created on the last day of the month. Any idea where to start looking in child theme.

Mike
    Participant

Rob:
    In my Child Theme functions.php I found;
    function set_timezone() {
    date_default_timezone_set(‘America/New_York’);
    }
    add_action( ‘init’, ‘set_timezone’, 1 );

When I remove this code the problem is solved.
    Not sure why it is in functions.php since we have the time zone set under Settings > General. I am still testing to see if removing this will cause other problems but so far so good.

Rob

Hey Mike: that’s awesome to hear that did the trick to fix the issue. I truly have no idea why that would have been added to the theme’s functions.php file, but if other users running your same theme encounter this down the road I’ll point them towards the thread here. Thanks for the heads up on this front.

Can I assume you’re set here, now that it’s been some time since you made the change and I’m assuming would have noticed any quirks introduced? Let me know if so and I’ll close this out…otherwise I’ll follow-up to get you what you need. Cheers!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘Weekly Recurring events show up daily on only some months….’ is closed to new replies.