Weekly Recurring events show up daily on only some months….

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Weekly Recurring events show up daily on only some months….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Dave Meyer
    Participant

We are on version 2.0.3 for both. What are your thoughts it being a server thing?

Rob

It could be. That’s a bit outside my area of expertise, but let me see if Jonah or another deb has any ideas there.

Rob

Hey Dave. If you want to send me some backend creds and FTP access for your site, I can get one of our devs to look deeper. They’re going to need that to proceed though. Send it to rob at tri.be and I’ll get it to them accordingly. Thanks!

Bjorn
    Participant

Im actually in need of some assistance with something very similar.

Im not using recurring events, but if i add an event for the date Feb 29th, 2012 it shows up on every day in March. No other date has this issue for me. The only date that seems to be affected is the 29th of Feb.

I am running the most current version of the plugin and can reproduce this by adding an event for the date Feb 29th, 2012, not recurring.

It looks to me that the problem is with leap year, has there been any solution found for this?

Thanks in advance!

Dave Meyer
    Participant

Bjorn,

That is EXACTLY what is happening to us. We have since been able to re-create it with single events too.

Does the same thing happen if you schedule something on March 31st? I got a report today that the same thing happened.

(Rob, Sorry for the late response. It’s been a crazy 2 weeks. I’ll see if I can set you up with a login and FTP access tomorrow.

Bjorn
    Participant

Yes, thanks for pointing that out.

I can confirm that an event on March 31st is also being repeated.

What other plugins are you running? Maybe we can find a similarity between our setups and track down the culprit.

Bjorn
    Participant

Hmm actually scratch that, it doesn’t seem to be plugin related, as an install of the WordPress theme Twenty Ten 1.3 doesn’t seem to exhibit this same behavior.

Digging further

Rob

Hey Dave: no problem man, sorry to hear you’re still having issues. Let me know about this and we’ll go when you’re ready.

Bjorn: if you’re able to identify anything else here, it’d sure help us out in this thread. Keep us in the loop…if you’d be so kind 🙂

Bjorn
    Participant

I found the culprit in my particular instance. Although im not entirely sure yet why this was affecting it but I had a clock in my header.php displaying the current time in my local area.

And I was setting my timezone with:

date_default_timezone_set(‘America/Los_Angeles’);

When I comment this out everything functions as expected!

Dave: I wonder if you or one of your plugins might be calling ‘date_default_timezone_set’? Take a look and let me know, Ill help as best I can.

Rob

That’s a good clue, Bjorn – thanks for looking into it.

Dave: can you confirm?

Dave Meyer
    Participant

hmmm… let me check.

Dave Meyer
    Participant

I’m not finding any other part of the theme or a plugin that uses time with the exception of the Events Calendar itself.

Bjorn, What plugins/themes/framework are you using on your site? Maybe there is some commonality also between our sites.

We are using:
    Genesis Framework with Child Theme
    After the Deadline (Plugin)
    Akismet (Plugin)
    Events Calendar Pro (Plugin)
    Genesis Simple Hooks (Plugin)
    Genesis Simple Sidebars (Plugin)
    Genesis Slider (Plugin)
    Google Analytictor (Plugin)
    Google XML Sitemaps (Plugin)
    Gravity Forms (Plugin)
    Image Widget (Plugin)
    Members (Plugin)
    Shopp (Plugin)
    Sociable (Plugin)
    The Events Calendar (Plugin)
    Tiny MCE Advanced (Plugin)
    WP Audio (Plugin)

You can see this is action at http://medinaentertainment.com/events/2012-04. I set a non-recurring event on 3/31/2012, and it is repeating every day in April.

Rob, I can send you a login and FTP access for the site. How do I securely send them to you?

Rob

Hey Dave. Thanks man; send ’em to pro /a/ tri.be, with a link back to this thread, and we can take it from there.

Dave Meyer
    Participant

Logins sent to pro /a/ tri.be

Rob

Thanks Dave. Confirmed and verified; we’ve got the devs looking at this now and should hopefully be able to get a resolution here as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience thus far.

Bjorn: let us know your list of plugins/theme, too, so we can see if any similarities emerge. Otherwise I’ll have our dev Joey chime in when he’s found something of substance to share.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘Weekly Recurring events show up daily on only some months….’ is closed to new replies.