webcal subscribe problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO webcal subscribe problems

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hey Grace. Thanks for the note here and apologies that you’re having issues. Sadly there are a couple known problems with the iCal/Google Calendar imports as it stands. It sounds like your first issue is one that we’ve got in the works to fix for our 2.1 code base – that’s still a couple months out but is unfortunately the best I can offer up along those lines.

On the second and third points: also in 2.1 we’re going to rewrite the calendar function we use for Google Calendar’s functionality since the API has been updated a bit between 2.0’s launch and our current release.

All that to say, my apologies for the inconvenience so far. This is definitely on our radar and should be fixed as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I’d be happy to address them.

Andy Fragen

@Rob – Do we have a solution in the works for the original problem of some repeating events displaying in the calendar but not displaying in a iCal calendar subscription?

Rob

@Andy: we’ve got about our first half of the iCal/recurrence-related fixes in the 2.0.5 code base and the broader ones on deck for 2.1. Happy to give you the current, near-complete 2.0.5 code to test if you want to give it a go. Let me know if so.

Andy Fragen

@Rob – I’d be happy to test out some code.

Rob

Awesome. You probably won’t want to run with it since it’s not fully stable, but it’ll be good to see if there’s relief in the current code base for that. Shoot me an email, pro /a/ tri.be referencing this thread and I’ll hook it up. Thanks again for being patient so far Andy.

Andy Fragen

@Rob – I think I fixed the problem for this thread. I sent you several emails with the solution where you can test.

The issue seemed to be that the UID event tag for repeating events was not unique. My solution was to add a random salt to the UID tag generated so that they are ALL unique.

Change line 380 of events-calendar-pro.php to the following.

$item[] = “UID:” . $eventPost->ID . rand(1,10000) . “@” . $blogHome;

Andy Fragen

If you’re so inclined a more random salt can be added using the following php.

base_convert(mt_rand(0x19A100, 0x39AA3FF), 10, 36)

instead of

rand(1,10000)

This will result in a 5 character random number/string, between: 10000 to zzzzz

Joey Kudish

Thanks a lot for doing that extra work and finding a solution, Andy, much appreciated by us and the community!

We’re going to give this a review and if everything’s okay we’ll put the fix in 2.0.5 which is scheduled for release pretty soon.

Andy, is there a particular name you’d like us to use when we credit you in the changelog/contributor list? Otherwise I will just use your username “afragen”. Let us know!

By the way, using the event’s occurrence timestamp, is probably a pretty good unique ID to use 🙂

Thanks again
    Joey

Andy Fragen

Joey, full name is Andy Fragen.

Only question re: event’s occurrence timestamp, if there are they truly unique for each instance of a repeating event. The last bit of PHP code I sent will definitely work and only gets added when the ICS file is created/recreated. If the event’s occurrence timestamp is the value being used for the DTSTAMP then it’s not random. I have multiple repeats of this for repeating events. But hey, if the value is random and already created it’s clearly faster to reference it than create it each time, though not by any significant amount.

Your welcome.
    Andy

Rob

Thanks again for this, Andy. Just wanted to extend my appreciation in writing for your assistance getting to the bottom of the issue here.

Andy Fragen

Rob I’m just pleased that, as developers, you guys have been very receptive to fixes by users. The level of support you’ll provide and the followup is exemplary.

Rob

🙂 I definitely appreciate the words and know the team does too. Just a heads up that this went through QA last night in the 2.0.5 branch and passed without issue, so it will be included in the 2.0.5 release that we’re just on the cusp of launching and should have out over the next week or so.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘webcal subscribe problems’ is closed to new replies.