webcal subscribe problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO webcal subscribe problems

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Joey Kudish

Hi Andy,

That’s correct, we’ve only fixed the version number for now. We’re stil working on a solution for the actual problem here. It’s proving particularly difficult because we can’t seem to find a pattern to which events break in the feed, and which don’t. We’ll keep you posted as we progress and we’ll definitely have a permanent fix in 2.1 (or possibly a 2.0.4 release – we’ll see!)

Thanks again for your patience!

Sam
    Participant

Just checking in. I installed 2.0.4 and it doesn’t appear that this is fixed yet. Maybe someone could confirm whether there is supposed to be a fix for this yet.

Joey Kudish

Hey Sam,

Unfortunately we needed more time to zero down on this problem and fix it and it didn’t make into 2.0.4. It’s on the roadmap for 2.1 though.

Thanks for the patience!

Andy Fragen

FYI, something in the 2.0.4 release messed up the integrity of the ics format. I’m digging further. I’ll post something more later.

Andy Fragen

Unfortunately something’s changed such that I cannot download the generated ics file to see what’s wrong.

Rob

Hey Andy, are you saying you’re unable to download any iCal file from the calendar? Is it a specific event you’re having problems with? I just tested the tagged 2.0.4 code base and was able to generate both the full calendar iCal file and one for an individual entry. Let me know and I can keep troubleshooting this for you.

Andy Fragen

Rob, I’m saying 2 things. First, I used to be able to Control-click the URL http://troop262ps.org/events/ical and download an ics fiile. I can no longer do this. What happens is a web page listing of events is produced. Second, when I try to subscribe to the ics using the URL, webcal://troop262ps.org/events/ical, there is an error of an invalid ics.

Sam
    Participant

I would note that I am not having the same issues as Andy in 2.0.4. I still have the ical recurring events issue but I can generate and subscribe to my ical.

Maybe try deleting your files and reinstalling or check for a plugin conflict.

Tineke
    Participant

Got a similar issue:
    I CAN use the iCal import button if I am an the events overview page (list).
    But in the buttons in a single event don’t work:
    iCal import just reloads the page (even though it put’s /ical/ behind the deeplink)
    Google Calendar gives me an error 414 (The requested URL /calendar/event… is too large to process.)

I tried with the default single template as well, but that didn’t help…

Sam
    Participant

I have done a thorough outline of our site setup…maybe others could use this as a template to help the guys out.

WP: 3.3.1

Theme:
    Webly 1.7

Active Plugins:
    Add From Server, Akismet, Blubrry PowerPress, Events Calendar PRO, Google Analytics for WordPress, Lightbox 2, MapPress Easy Google Maps, Multiple Category Selection Widget, NextGEN Gallery, Query Posts, Scroll To Top, Simple Facebook Connect, Simple Twitter Connect – Base, STC – Login, The Events Calendar, Widget Logic, WordPress Category Archive, WordPress Importer, WPtouch

Currently reported ical issues (only the ones with a * are effecting me):
    iCal import whole calendar – file error
    * iCal import whole calendar – recurring events don’t show up
    iCal import single event – button doesn’t work
    Google cal import single event – 414

Andy Fragen

WP 3.3.1
    Theme is child of Desk-Mess-Mirrored

Akismet 2.5.5
    All in One Webmaster 7.5.3
    Articles 1.3
    BNS Login 1.8
    Clean-Contact 1.6
    Clean Options 1.3.2
    Dashboard: Pending Review 2.0.0
    Debug Bar 0.8
    Degradable HTML5 audio and video 1.8.2
    Easy Disable Visual Editor 1.0
    Events Calendar PRO 2.0.4
    Gallery Shortcode Style to Head 2.1
    Google XML Sitemaps 3.2.6
    GZIP Output 1.1
    Hello Dolly 1.6
    Imsanity 2.1.3
    iRobots.txt SEO 1.1.2
    Jetpack by WordPress.com 1.2.2
    JR Favicon for WordPress 1.1
    Markdown 1.0.1n
    Simple Lightbox 1.6.1
    SmartyPants 1.5.1e
    Stop Spammer Registrations Plugin 2.20
    Subscribe to Comments Reloaded 2.0.2
    The Events Calendar 2.0.4
    Touch Punch 0.1
    Universal Video 0.7
    WordPress Debug 0.2.2
    WP Author Slug 1.2
    WP Database Optimizer 1.2.1.2
    WP Status Notifier 1.3.1
    WP Updates Notifier 1.2

Rob

Thanks guys. I’ve passed this all along to Joey and asked him to chime in once he’s had a chance to digest. Appreciate your help in this so far.

Grace
    Participant

I don’t know if this is where I should post my problem or in a new thread.

I have version 2.0.4, and have just bought the PRO version. I have weekly events set up (5 different ones for a 15 month span) and when I clicked “Import Ical”, and opened up the file into Ical on my Mac, only 6 total events showed up on my Icalendar.

It seems like all 5 events showed the last recurring event in the series. But none of the other days of the event (start to just before the last recurrence of the event) showed, except one.

In light of the other problems, I thought I’d test the single view imports:
    Importing the single event of into Google of a random occurrence in a recurring event, it added the event as occurring on the first day of the recurrence, and not the actual date of that particular event.

Importing it into Ical, it worked fine on the single-view.

Thanks,
    Bethany Clark of Grace Fellowship Church (thus, Grace)

Grace
    Participant

Oh, also, Google doesn’t like the ‘-‘ character. It imports it into ‘–’

Grace
    Participant

Let’s try this: ‘ & # 8 2 1 1 ; ‘ (minus all the spaces)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘webcal subscribe problems’ is closed to new replies.