webcal subscribe problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO webcal subscribe problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Andy Fragen

I’m seeing strange things where some events that are clearly visible in the calendar are not visible in a subscribed ical calendar, using webcal://

If I go to the particular event, so far always in a repeating event, and update without making any changes. Then when I refresh it’s there.

Interestingly, when I view the particular event in All Events, there are only three choices highlighted under the Event title on mouseover. The “Quick Edit” option is missing. If I go to Edit that event and Update then the Quick Edit option returns and the Event is now viewable in the subscribed calendar.

Rob

Hey Andy, sorry to hear you’re having issues here. We can try to help. Is there any chance you can link us to the site/iCal link, so I can try to recreate this on my end?

Not sure what’s up with the “Quick Edit” link missing; are there any other plugins running on the site that could be responsible for this? I’m unable to recreate on my local install.

Andy Fragen

Rob, the calendar is at http://troop262ps.org/events/month

I made a Subscribe link at the bottom of the calendar for the webcal link. I have a bunch of other plugins installed but I’ve never seen this behavior before. I have 25 total active plugins.

Rob

Thanks Andy. I’ve subscribed to the feed you provided here in iCal; and I am seeing that, for example, the December 21 Scout Meeting that shows on the calendar page is not appearing in my iCal feed. If I understand what you’re saying correctly – if you were to go into that 12/21 entry on the backend and re-update it (without making any changes), it’d appear on the iCal feed from there?

Just want to double check. Could you go ahead and do that, if it’s the case? I’ll be able to get a dev to take a look from there, since this is a bizarre issue that I’ve not seen before. Thanks!

Andy Fragen

Done. Do you need/want any sort of editor access to the site? If so, just register and I’ll grant it.

Thanks.

Rob

Hey Andy. Thanks for doing this; should give us what we need to look into it fully. I’ll get one of our developers to take a look and respond when they hit the forums next. I should note that since our team is winding down for the holidays, support will be a bit less frequent than usual over the next couple weeks. We will get you a response on this issue sometime early next week though.

Sam
    Participant

I am getting similar behavior as Andy. I do not have quick edit for recurring events. I also am only getting one occurrence of recurring events in my feed. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to which date of the recurring events is chosen to show up.

Rob

Hey Sam, thanks for the note. Does this persist after upgrading both free & PRO to 2.0.3?

Sam
    Participant

Yes it does for me.

Andy Fragen

It does for me as well.

Rob

Alright, thanks for confirming guys. Sorry to hear you’re having issues – I’ve got this in front of one of the advanced devs so they can see what exactly the issue is and we can offer a patch in 2.1. If there’s a short-term solution we can provide in the interim, I’ll get him to share that as well.

Rob

Hey Andy. We went to try and recreate this today for testing with the devs, and the iCal link doesn’t appear to be working anymore. I instead get a message within iCal saying: “There was an error subscribing to the calendar. The data downloaded from webcal://troop262ps.org/events/ical/ isn’t valid.” Has something changed on your end?

Andy Fragen

Rob, I get the same error and in fact if I use the iCal Import link and then try to add the downloaded .ics file I get an error that “iCal can’t read this calendar file.” The only thing I’ve done is upgrade to ECP 2.0.3.

I dug into the ics file and the problem is that you’ve changed the VERSION:2.0 to VERSION:2.0.3

If you change it back is seems to work again. This is the version of iCalendar not ECP.

According to IETF

4.7.4 Version

Property Name: VERSION

Purpose: This property specifies the identifier corresponding to the
    highest version number or the minimum and maximum range of the
    iCalendar specification that is required in order to interpret the
    iCalendar object.

Value Type: TEXT

Property Parameters: Non-standard property parameters can be
    specified on this property.

Conformance: This property MUST be specified by an iCalendar object,
    but MUST only be specified once.

Description: A value of “2.0” corresponds to this memo.

Format Definition: The property is defined by the following notation:

version = “VERSION” verparam “:” vervalue CRLF

verparam = *(“;” xparam)

vervalue = “2.0” ;This memo
    / maxver
    / (minver “;” maxver)

minver =
    ;Minimum iCalendar version needed to parse the iCalendar object

maxver =
    ;Maximum iCalendar version needed to parse the iCalendar object

Example: The following is an example of this property:

VERSION:2.0

Andy Fragen

Rob, you can try on my calendar again. I’ve made the correction to my installation of ECP2.0.3.

Eric
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem with iCal. Did the version change to the .ics file fix things? If so, where is this file?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘webcal subscribe problems’ is closed to new replies.