We were unable to import your Eventbrite event.

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets We were unable to import your Eventbrite event.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    stevenmilstein
    Participant

Hi Support,

After updating:
    – The Events Calendar Version 3.9.3
    – The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets Version 3.9.4
    – The Events Calendar PRO Version 3.9.3

I noticed my Event was no longer displaying the tickets. I checked my Settings & then noticed the The Events Calendar Settings / Eventbrite no longer contained my API Configuration.

I then created & authorized a new Key, as per the video. I returned to my original Event page but there was no where to enter the Eventbrite Event ID.

I tried creating a new Event by Importing the Eventbrite ID & received the error message “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event”.

I’m currently running WordPress 4.1.4.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
    Steven

Barry

Hi Steven,

I’m sorry you’ve hit up against difficulties.

I tried creating a new Event by Importing the Eventbrite ID & received the error message “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event”.

This was definitely worth trying and I’m unsure why it wouldn’t have worked.

• Can you confirm you successfully “got authorization” when setting this up via the Events → Settings → Eventbrite admin screen and that no notices are appearing at the top of the page warning you you still need to do this?
    • Would it be possible for you to share – by private reply if you prefer – the URL of the Eventbrite event in question?

Thanks!

johncleary
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Not wishing to hijack stevenmilstein’s thread. I am having the exact same issue. I’ll share the URL privately…..

johncleary
    Participant

Just realised I should start a new thread. Sorry, I’ll do that.

Barry

No problem, John – and yep creating a new topic of your own would be optimal here 🙂

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Re: “got authorization”. There are no messages on the panel. I also received a “Your Eventbrite API Key has been approved” email from Eventbrite.

Re: Event URL. The event was this morning. Since it’s passed, so there won’t be any tickets box on the page. I created a new event https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/montreal-startup-breakfast-club-for-2015-06-02-tickets-16902264127 & have the same error.

Regards,
    Steven

Barry

Hi Steven,

It seems to work for me so I’m a bit puzzled by this.

Is it possible that when you try to import the event you are pasting the complete URL into the field instead of the event ID itself (16902264127 in this case)?

stevenmilstein
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I am posting the Event ID by itself & there are no blanks before, or, after.

Regards,
    Steven

Barry

Could you share your system information as a private reply? You can find this at the bottom of the Events → Settings → Help screen 🙂

stevenmilstein
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for sharing those details.

So I can see no reason as to why this would not work – everything seems to be in order. Of course, as noraml I’m testing on an otherwise clean installation and something we haven’t yet eliminated is the potential for a theme or plugin conflict to be behind this issue.

Whether on your live site or a clean test site, can you try our basic troubleshooting steps in case this is indeed the result of a conflict?

stevenmilstein
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Steven,

I wonder if this could be environmental in nature … can you provide any detail about your hosting setup – who is the provider and what sort of package is this that you are using, etc?

johncleary
    Participant

stevenmilstein
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘We were unable to import your Eventbrite event.’ is closed to new replies.