"View All Events in Category" Event Widget Not Functioning

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "View All Events in Category" Event Widget Not Functioning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Snyder
    Participant

Greetings! I see that someone else is having this issue, but the topic was closed. Wondering how we could quickly resolve this? VIEW ALL EVENTS In CATEGORY is definately not working. We have 3 categories right now and they all lead to the same place. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-list-widget-6/

Neill

Hi Snyder,

Sorry to hear that you’ve hit this issue too. It looks like this is being worked on and as with all our bugs we strive to fix them as soon as we can. I’m not able to investigate it with your particular install as I’m seeing a 404 when I click the link to your site.

One thing I’d like to confirm that you are experiencing the same issue. The bug that we have logged and that we are working on is when the list widget is set to show a single category of events. It sounds like you might be dealing with 3 categories?

Neill

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

Yes, this is correct – And the URL is our dev site, here: http://www.guruwebdesign.org/dnj/

I just sent login info for the other problem we are working on resolving!

Neill

Hello Snyder,

Thanks for sending the login details – I just got those passed along to me and will get back to you shortly afer I take a look under the hood 🙂

– Neill

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

Thank you! I’m actually working on the site right now, but I’m only going to be working on the MAP page, so we should be good to go with you check it out!

Neill

Hello elleeyeedesign,

Thanks for your patience here over the weekend.

So I think we’ve narrowed your issue down. Unfortunately it seems to be the way your theme deals with page titles. The page title it seems is set in header.php file which is outside of the loop for the event contents.

So a quick solution – which isn’t ideal in your case, but would highlight if we’ve hit the problem on the head is to move the call for the page title within the page template itself. I don’t think this would be a very good long term solution but it would at least show you if the events pages now have the correct titles.

I could test this for you if you do not feel comfortable doing so if you could send us a copy of your theme. If it is the issues I think it is we could then point you in the right direction for a long term solution.

– Neill

Neill

Hello Snyder,

This is in fact a bug as I mentioned before and we are working on getting this fixed as fast as we can. We usually try and alert users that have specifically reported the issue when it will be included in an upcoming release. I’ll add your ticket to the issue so that you get that notice.

In the mean time can you work without using that feature? Maybe switch the widget to “all events” for now? Not ideal I know, but we are working hard on getting a solution to this.

– Neill

Neill

Hi Snyder –

So as you may have seen from your other thread I made an error and replied to both of your current tickets in this thread. Sorry about that. That being the case I have updated the other thread here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-category-titles-showing-up-incorrect/ – and you should ignore the last comment above as its unrelated to this current thread.

So with all that confusion out of the way – did you make any headway with the suggestion above? Need any further assistance?

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

I can send a copy of the theme – we made a child theme recently and that could come in handy with this situation. How shall I send it?

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

In the meantime, what file can we edit to remove that “View All Events in Category” words? It’s not in list-widget.php

Lisa Snyder
    Participant

BUMP –
    Stranger
    Topics: 3
    Snyder February 20, 2014 Permalink
    Choose as correct answer

In the meantime, what file can we edit to remove that “View All Events in Category” words? It’s not in list-widget.php

Neill

Snyder,

Apologies about this thread it seems like it fell through the cracks – I’ll make sure you get timely responses to get this resolved from here on out.

As far as getting us the theme a zip would be great. You can either send it to the same email as before or use a service like dropbox and send the link via [email protected]

Being able to change the message should be in widget-list.class.php. Line 131 of that file should be what you are looking for.

Does that help? Let us know if we can still help on the theme issue to. Apologies once more for letting this slip. I’ll keep a very close eye on this thread and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Neill

Neill

phatwp
    Participant

where is widget-list.class.php ?

Neill

Hello Snyder,

I just want to check in here to see if you are all set or if you want anymore help? As far as I’m aware we did not receive a copy of your theme to test this out yet. Just want to make sure thats the case.

@phatwp
     widget-list.class.php is located in the event plugins /lib folder. If you need any help please feel free to start a new forum post.

– Neill

robinsonjas
    Participant

I’m having the same issue w/ my theme. I updated the widget-list.class.php so the user doesn’t have the link displayed. Is there a planned bug-fix for this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘"View All Events in Category" Event Widget Not Functioning’ is closed to new replies.