Venue field missing ("hidden" in HTML) and Organizer field wonky

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Venue field missing ("hidden" in HTML) and Organizer field wonky

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    aigaemerge
    Participant

Hi, we’re running Community Events and the Venue field label is showing, but the field is missing (actually set to type=hidden in the HTML). Also, the Organizer field shows a link to “Edit Organizer” as well as a button that says “ADD ANOTHER ORGANIZER” whose link is merely “#” and does nothing when clicked.

I checked the console and there are two errors, listed below:

Uncaught ReferenceError: tribe_js_config is not defined
        at tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1

and

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'view' of undefined
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1)
        at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
        at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

Not sure what any of that means, but it looks related. Screenshot is attached showing what I described in case that helps.

Also, ‘Allow anonymous submissions’ is checked, ‘Users cannot create new Venues’ is unchecked, and ‘Users cannot create new Organizers’ is unchecked.

I tried deactivating several plugins like JetPack, etc. but the issue persists. The website is running Genesis with the Business Pro Theme. We sent an email yesterday asking our members to add their events, and that’s obviously a disaster now. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the Community Events page. I will try to help you get this sorted.

To begin, could you please share your system information with me?

Next, I am not seeing either the Venue section or the Organizer section when I visit your Community Event “Add” page. Do you see these sections when you visit the page in incognito mode or logged out of your site?

When trying to recreate this on my local install, I am not seeing these issues. Once you provide your system information, I may be able to better match your plugins and configuration.

Thanks,
    Sky

aigaemerge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the additional details. With the same combination of our plugins, I am not able to reproduce the error on my end.

Can you see if temporarily switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disabling all other plugins changes whether these errors occur?

You can read more about this troubleshooting process here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,
    Sky

lindsayhanna17
    Participant

I am experiencing the same issue. I have gone through all troubleshooting methods and determined that when I changed my theme I was no longer having the issue (the theme I was using is called TicketBox).

After troubleshooting with the theme developer, they had suggested disabling all caching plugins which we did but I continued to experience the issue. They have now directed me back to the plugin developer as they believe this issue is with the plugin.

I checked the console and I am receiving the same messages as above. Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Lindsay!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having a similar issue. Can you please create your own ticket for this? It will help us to better be able to handle troubleshooting.

Thanks!
    Sky

aigaemerge
    Participant

Thanks, Sky. We’re trying to set up a cloned staging server where we can disable everything and revert to the 2017 theme. In the meantime, it’s at least a little comforting to know that we’re not the only ones experiencing this issue.

I’ll get back to you once that’s set up and tested out.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great, let me know how that goes! Also note that we released updates for several of our plugins yesterday. Be sure to update the Events Calendar plugin before testing.

Thanks,
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of Community Events is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-22-1-and-community-events-4-5-13-1/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update your plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

aigaemerge
    Participant

Thanks for the update. This appears to have been resolved.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great! Glad to hear that this is fixed for you.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue field missing ("hidden" in HTML) and Organizer field wonky’ is closed to new replies.