Venue and Organizer Disabled

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Venue and Organizer Disabled

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Veaner
    Participant

When I upgraded to Community Events 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 users were not able to set organizer or venue. The form didn’t have the saved venue dropdown or checkboxes, or saved organizer, etc. fields.

I reverted to 4.0 and got them back.

My site is set so that anyone can enter an event, but it must be moderated before it goes live.

Cliff

Hi. I believe I saw one other use report this issue. However, we were not able to replicate this.

Since this isn’t currently a known issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Cliff

Oh, actually, I believe this known bug might be your issue:

• set Default status for submitted events to Draft
    • set Edit their submissions to checked
    • Video of the issue: https://cl.ly/0P1l1z0b0y47

Please confirm if this is exactly your bug too.

Thank you.

Daniel Veaner
    Participant

No, this is different. Did more investigation, and the plugin was conflicting with the template, made with Artisteer. As I mentioned, this only began with Community 4.4.1 and continued with 4.4.2.

I have been moving away from Artisteer because of poor support, and using TemplateToaster instead, and I did have a TemplateToaster template I had been experimenting with but wasn’t ready to use. I guess I will finish the TemplateToaster template and work with that, but something in 4.4.1 did change venues and organizers.

The four attachments show what was happening: One shows the Artisteer template with 4.4 – working. One shows the Artisteer template with 4.4.2 – not working (and you can see how the ability to view existing venues or create new ones is missing). One shows it working with 2016, and the last shows it working with the templateToaster template (though there is a problem with the category checkboxes – they work, but they don’t display correctly).

One strange thing is the Calendar view is suppressing the right sidebar of the TemplateToaster template. It works on non-Events Calendar pages, but not on pages with the calendar or the Community Add form.

If you would like a copy of the conflicting template to experiment with I will be happy to send one.

Cliff

Thanks for your efforts troubleshooting and for those details.

Those odd-looking checkboxes are likely a CSS issue that we can help with if you provide the link to it.

The sidebar thing might be solved by going to wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab > change the page template setting.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Daniel Veaner
    Participant

Cliff,

Thanks very much for your help on this. You are right – changing to the page template setting did bring back the sidebar!

The checkbox issue was fixed by changing a setting in TemplateToaster and re-exporting the template. After mentioning it here I remembered that I had seen the same issue in a Joomla template, and it required the same solution.

So I am back up and running.

Thanks again,

Dan

Cliff

I’m glad to hear that!

Have a great week.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue and Organizer Disabled’ is closed to new replies.