Venue and Category Questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Venue and Category Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon Pierce

Can a venue page show events within a location range not including their category? So for example, if I have a venue with a category of entertainment, can I show venues/events with a category of restaurant within a few miles? Or a venue with a category of restaurant, show any venue that doesn’t have the category of restaurant within a few miles?

Can a dining page show just events for that category? So if I have a generic dining page, can I use a widget with a category filter to only show dining categorized events?

If I use a widget to show the next 3 events upcoming, and those 3 are all instances of the same recurring event, can it only show the closest of those 3 recurring events and chose the next 2 events outside of that recurring event to show for the other 2 events?

Can I automatically have certain venues’ events be featured events? Or is there anyway to call out certain venues’ events as more important in an automatic way?

Is there a page that would list out all the venues? If so, can this page be filtered?

Hi Jon,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

Can a venue page show events within a location range not including their category?

With Events Calendar PRO, you can create venue pages for your venues, regardless of category.  So you can display all of the events within a venue, even if those events have different categories.

Here is more information on Venue pages:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/venue-and-organizer-pages/

Can a dining page show just events for that category?

You can set up category pages so that a page just contains the events within that category.

Here is more information on Event Categories:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-categories/

If I use a widget to show the next 3 events upcoming, and those 3 are all instances of the same recurring event, can it only show the closest of those 3 recurring events and chose the next 2 events outside of that recurring event to show for the other 2 events?

Yes, there is a setting to only show the first instance of a recurring event, so this can be displayed via an Upcoming Events widget.

Can I automatically have certain venues’ events be featured events? Or is there anyway to call out certain venues’ events as more important in an automatic way?

There is not a way to automatically have certain venues be featured, but you can select events to be featured events.  By default, there isn’t a way to make some venues more important than others, but perhaps you can create that appearance with different CSS styles.

Is there a page that would list out all the venues? If so, can this page be filtered?

It may be possible to achieve this with some customizations, although it isn’t a part of our plugin out of the box.

You can also vote on this idea in our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/6987595-venue-map-all-venues

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jon Pierce

Jaime,

Thanks so much for your detailed response. It’s great to get such in-depth and timely answers.

Your comment on finding a customizer intrigues me. We have several in house developers that I’m sure could do this work. What is the extendibility like for the Events Calendar PRO, Community Events, and Event Aggregator platforms? Is there any documentation along those lines? I’m really only interested in extending if I can maintain upgradeability for security and new feature support.

Thanks again!

Hi Jon,

Glad to help!  Our products are highly customizable.  We usually point our users to our Themer’s Guide, which basically can walk you through how to customize our plugins to suit your needs, and help you navigate the correct template to edit:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue and Category Questions’ is closed to new replies.