Using mini calendar for RSVP for 2 month event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Using mini calendar for RSVP for 2 month event

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Soula
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I’ve looked everywhere for this so hopefully not wasting your time.
    I have one exhibition event. How do I offer 75 tickets daily except Tuesday for 2 months without a stream of tickets down my sidebar?
    Thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Soula,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

Not a waste of time at all, we are happy to help out with all questions.

At the moment there is no easy way to create that many tickets. What you would like to achieve would require that you set up an event with a ticket (limited to 75) for every day in the coming 2 months. That is approx 60 events.

This exhibition itself could be set up as a recurring event, however we don’t yet have the functionality of creating tickets separately for every recurrence. I’m sorry to disappoint. This is a requested feature and it is on our roadmap, but currently I cannot commit to any release date for this.

Once you have the events and the tickets set up for every day , then you could use this shortcode in a sidebar widget to show the current day’s event, and a link to it. This way people can go to today’s event page and buy the ticket.
    [tribe_events view="day" tribe-bar="false"]
    I hope this somewhat answers your question. Let me know if you have anything else.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Soula
    Participant

Hello András,

thank you for your reply. I will look into this and see what the result
    is as I can’t really imagine it. I wonder if a developer could customise
    this for me. If I need to, I will contact you again. Tthank you.

I purchased Calendar Pro thinking it might help in this instance. Is it
    possible to have a refund if it isn’t relevant? I thought people could
    click on the day they wished to attend and purchase a ticket – is this
    possible?

Kind regards

————————————————————————

Soula
    Participant

Hello again,

Do you have a scenario like this online that I could look at? I’m
    wondering if I make a recurring event whether it will show repeatedly on
    my events page. I would only want it to show one time and then perhaps I
    could pop the mini calendar on the first event page. Is this possible?

I am working in draft mode so can’t check this.

Regards

Soula

————————————————————————

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Soula,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’m sure a developer would be able to help you with customization. Please note that we don’t do customization work, however here is a list of developers from the community who might be able to help you out:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

If you find that the plugin doesn’t work for you, you can as for a refund within 30 days of purchase. You can find our refund policy here.

I’m not sure we have an exact scenario like that, but we have a demo site running at http://wpshindig.com
    Check that out and let me know if you have any questions.

In Events Calendar Pro there is a setting, which will allow you to show only the first instance of every recurring event. You can find the setting under Events > Settings > General tab > Recurring event instances.

Cloudup s2yxpyv0mmx

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more guidance.

Cheers,
    Andras

Soula
    Participant

Hi again,

I have a few issues in trying to resolve this.

* The code you suggest won’t work anywhere (is this because the event
    is not published?)
    * When I activate Events Calendar Pro, the feature images from my
    events are replaced with date icons (older events seem to all use
    the one date)

Regards
    Soula

————————————————————————

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Soula,

Yes, events not being published could definitely be a cause of them not showing up.

Also note that the [tribe_events] shortcodes only work when you have Events Calendar Pro activated, since it is a Pro feature.

* When I activate Events Calendar Pro, the feature images from my events are replaced with date icons (older events seem to all use the one date)

This happens where? On a calendar view page (e.g. List view), in the widget bar (which widget?), with a shortcode (which shortcode?) ? Can you share a link where I can see this, maybe 2 screenshots so I can compare?

Also I would recommend you to set up a test / staging site where you can easily play around with settings and creating events. It can be as simple as setting up a subdomain like (http://staging.qgw.com.au/) and making a copy of your site there.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Soula
    Participant

Hello again Andrås. I just saw the replies, they were not coming to my email for some reason. Not a worry.
    Here is a link to the icon issue. It’s happening in the widgets http://qgw.com.au/events_workshops/
    I will look into the other resources.
    Thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Soula,

I did some checking on the widget for you, here is what I found out.

On the date: where you see today’s date, although the events started long go, they are all multi-day events still going on, so they appear on the upcoming events list, because they are still happening.

On the image:

1. When you only have The Events Calendar active, you get a simpler version of the widget. When you activate Pro, the widget gets extra features and a bit different look.

2. You are using the avada theme, which already does some customization to The Events Calendar and they have added the event featured image to the basic widget, but not to the Pro widget.

I’m sure that the widget could be customized so that it also shows the images when Pro is active. Unfortunately we are limited in providing support for customizations, however, you could contact the Avada team to help you out with that, since it is their theme override.

I hope this helps and please let me know if there’s anything else related to these I can help you with.

Best,

Andras

Soula
    Participant

Thank you again Andras. In this process I have also realised the slug ‘events’ has not been working. I will have a developer investigate and help me further with the outstanding issues.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Soula,

Do you need help with that ‘events’ slug? If yes, can you explain the issue in a bit more detail? I’d be happy to look at it.

You can check if you have a page or a post published which uses the slug ‘events’, because that can cause an issue.

Let me know and I’ll try to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Soula
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    I went through all the tips in the relevant knowledge base but had no luck. Given the help I need with the recurring event and tickets, I have assigned a developer to look into the website. I will let you know what he finds about the slug issue.
    Thank you for following up.

Andras
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear that didn’t help.

What you can still try is deactivating all the plugins except for the calendar ones and check if the ‘events’ slug works like that. If yes, then start re-activating the plugins one by one and check where you lose the functionality. That is the plugin you will need to look at closer.

Please, let me know what you find. It might be useful for future cases.

And feel free to reach out in case you need any help in the future.

For the time being I will leave this topic open, so you can post the results when they are in.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

I just checked http://qgw.com.au/events/ and it seems to work. What was the issue?

A.

Soula
    Participant

My developer fixed it! I will ask what he did.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Using mini calendar for RSVP for 2 month event’ is closed to new replies.