Users unable to add tickets unless logged in

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Users unable to add tickets unless logged in

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter Scott
    Participant

Hi, we have been asked to troubleshoot an issue with a clients site. Users are unable to purchase tickets unless they are first logged in. Each ticket needs to attendee information attached to it and those options only appear if someone has registered first.

You can see the issue here:

https://practicalphilosophy.org.au/event/mindful-wisdom-cbd-tuesday-615pm/

If you register then the ticket purchasing works normally but the client would like people to be able to add tickets and then be asked for the attendee info before having to register.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Peter Scott.
    Cliff

Hi. Sorry for the delayed reply for your important issue.

I couldn’t reproduce this issue using the latest versions of all our plugins.

Additionally, I visited your link and saw the available tickets: https://cl.ly/3Q0S2W0C4614

Are you no longer experiencing this issue?

Peter Scott
    Participant

Hi Cliff, thanks for your reply but the issue is still happening.

To be specific – each ticket requires attendee information. Usually if you
    click the + to add a ticket then the attendee information field appear – at
    the moment, these ONLY appear when the user is logged in – see screen grab.

Additionally, the + or – ONLY work when logged in as well. If a user
    manually inserts the number instead of using the + then they can go through
    and chack out but no attendee information is collected – screen grab taken
    from this page:

https://practicalphilosophy.org.au/event/mindful-wisdom-cbd-tuesday-615pm/

[image: school-ticket-issue.jpg]

Cliff

Thanks for the additional information. Please note that email attachments don’t come through to the forum. Screenshot images would need to be a link or uploaded directly to the forum thread reply.

I wasn’t able to reproduce this myself, and I haven’t seen others reporting this (it would be a big deal for a lot of people), so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Users unable to add tickets unless logged in’ is closed to new replies.