Users can't submit photos, venues or organizers

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Users can't submit photos, venues or organizers

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    spokanefavs
    Participant

Sadly, no that didn’ do it :/

Hi Tracy,

Would you mind sending me an updated version of your system information, with all of the changes that we’ve made?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

In the meantime, does unchecking “Use Javascript to control date filtering” under Events Settings < General make any difference after you Save Changes?

Also, did you get a chance to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

spokanefavs
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for providing me with that information and for enabling the debug log.

In the debug log, there are a number of notices related to Gravity Forms and Contact Form 7.  If you disable those plugins, does the issue still exist?

There is also a notice related to the theme.  Can you confirm that you already tried switching themes to a default theme like Twentyseventeen?

Also, I noticed that you have “Submit an Event” listed twice on your Community Events page.  Are you using custom code or another form to display that?  I’d recommend temporarily removing that to see if things work properly.

We also released a Maintenance Release of Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO, so you can update your plugins as well.

Let me know how all of that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

spokanefavs
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Well we figured out the problem. It’s the theme. I had switched themes before, but with the changes we made, this time it worked with a different theme.So the problem is Sahifa. That’s a huge bummer because we chose that theme specifically and paid a lot of money to have it customized for us. So maybe the solution is to go back to what I had done originally and change the form so that venue, photo and organizer don’t show on the submit form? Hopefully you have a better idea 🙂

Hi Tracy,

Well I’m at least glad to hear that you have found the root cause of the issue.  Unfortunately I don’t have experience with this theme, so if you are comfortable with removing those fields from the form, then that would be a good way to make everything work together.

You can also reach out to the theme developers and see if they have any suggestions for this issue.

If they don’t have any useful solutions, I can try to take a look, although I can’t make any promises, as this goes beyond the scope of our Support Policy.  Let me know what the theme developers say!

Thanks,

Jaime

spokanefavs
    Participant

OK, last question. Does Events Calendar Pro offer front end submissions, or is community events needed?

Hi Tracy,

Unfortunately Events Calendar PRO does not offer front end submissions.  It is just a calendar for users to view.  Only Community Events allows for front end submissions at this time.

Please don’t hesitate to ask any other questions you may have!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Users can't submit photos, venues or organizers’ is closed to new replies.