URL …/Events Hit Oops! That page can’t be found.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO URL …/Events Hit Oops! That page can’t be found.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mindaji
    Participant

Dear Sir or Madam:
    Using the Events Calendar, we set Events URL slug as “Events”, Single event URL slug as “Event”. However, when we browse our site with the path (www.events365.us/events) or click on “View more” from the events list it hits the error: Oops! That page can’t be found.

We’ve tried all the methods to do the trouble shooting: deactivate all the plugins except the ones of The Events Calendar, use different themes as suggested, disable our own functions.php, style.css, etc. It does not eliminate the problem.

I would be grateful if you could help resolve this issue soonest.

Minda

Edward

Hey there Minda,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues.

To fix 404 errors, sometimes you just need to “flush” your permalinks. In your WordPress admin, go to Settings → Permalinks. If you don’t have Post Name selected, go ahead and do that (or select a different non-default option) and save changes.

We have a great article that also discusses some less common resolutions → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/fixing-http-404-errors/

Hope that helps!

Take care,
    Ed 🙂

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Erishel:
    Thanks for your reply to our problem posted.

I’ve tried “flush” permalinks. It does not work at all. Post Name was the one I choose to use for the site. Also, I tried other options and choose “Post Name” again so as to flush permalinks completely. It does not work!

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Ed:
    Any updated suggested solutions to the problem? It is quite annoying as users always hit this “Oops! That page can’t be found”.

Minda

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Ed:
    Also, I have included the suggested “snippet” in the functions.php for further debug. To see the result, please use the following URL link:

http://www.events365.us/events?tribe_query_debug=true

Minda

mindaji
    Participant

Dear Sir or Madam:
    I am still waiting for your response. A few days have passed. Could you let me know what is going on there? Why there is no any response the issue any longer? We do need to have this problem resolved as soon as possible. We plan to buy more plug-in from you. But this really would hold us back from buying more of your plugins.

Minda

Edward

Hi Minda,

So sorry for the delay! I’m trying to learn the ropes of this support system.

Thanks for posting that debug log. You should have an update available, so please run that. Also, take a look at our Testing for Conflicts guide. I have a feeling that another plugin is possibly not playing nice.

Do you recall when this happened? Adding an event or another WordPress admin function?

Take care,
    Ed 🙂

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Ed:

I’ve followed all the steps of “Testing for Conflicts”. It does not resolve the problem at all. Having no clue about the cause of the problem, I have been asking you for help. I would appreciate if you could continue to explore solutions to the problem.

Minda

Edward

Hey Minda,

I have to admit that this is a strange one, especially since your iCal and single events are working → http://www.events365.us/events/?ical=1http://www.events365.us/event/king-tut-treasures-of-the-golden-pharaoh/

I hate to have to have you run through the steps again, could you deactivate all your other plugins then flush the permalinks. Sometimes it has to be done in that same order to see a result.

If that doesn’t help, I’d suggest setting up a staging site that replicates the environment that you are working in now, that will allow us to poke around and troubleshoot without interfering with your live site. Hopefully it doesn’t need to go that far and deactivate then flush permalinks works for you!

Take care,
    Ed 🙂

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Ed:

Thanks for your reply. We have every method you’ve suggested to do the trouble shooting.
    OK. We will set up a staging server with the exact same environment for you to come in to do the trouble shooting. I will let you know when the staging server is ready.

Again, thank you so much for your efforts!

mindaji
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I’m sorry for the delays in responding so far, Minda. I’d love to pick this up and help work towards a solution, but I’m finding the credentials you provided for the test site do not work. Can you confirm they are still accurate and update them if necessary?

Thanks!

mindaji
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Ed:

I appreciate the progress that you have made! I had disabled all the plugins and my child theme for a few times. It did not work out. I will try the VIEW setting to see if it makes any difference.

Minda

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘URL …/Events Hit Oops! That page can’t be found.’ is closed to new replies.