Update Error – Unrecognized content encoding

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update Error – Unrecognized content encoding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Wendy Limauge
    Participant

I received this message when trying to update the plugin to version 4.4.20

Download failed. cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings.

Return to Plugins page

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/curl-error-61-unrecognized-content-encoding-type-libcurl-understands-deflate/

Hi Wendy,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue when trying to update your plugin.  It is possible that something must have timed out during the retrieval process. Can you try updating it manually through ftp? Just remove the current copy on your server and upload a version from your My Account > Downloads page.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Wendy,

Happy New Year!

I’m glad to hear that you have been making some progress with your site.  As a next troubleshooting step, can you try switching to a default WordPress theme, such as ‘Twentyseventeen’ and see if the issues still exist?

Thanks,

Jaime

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

I just switched to Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Fifteen, and Twenty Twelve the and layout issue is still the same. I also enabled WP Total Cache and cleared Page Cache. I disabled WP Total Cache again because that often causes issues with the site.

Hi Wendy,

As a next step, let’s try to rule out if there is a conflict at play.  I know that you have already tried switching to a default theme, but can you try going through our full testing for conflicts procedure?

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

If that does not resolve the issue, can you try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.

Thanks,

Jaime

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Wendy,

I apologize for all of the extra work and inconvenience that this issue has caused you on your site. It seems that this is a known issue among users currently who are unable to update the plugin.

For now, to update your plugins I would recommend you to follow the steps suggested in the following article:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

I’ve added the issue to our internal bug report and you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and if you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Patricia

This reply is private.

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Update Error – Unrecognized content encoding’ is closed to new replies.