"Unlimited Available" Never Changes
Update to this situation. From my client:
I went ahead and enabled stock management under woocommerce> product> inventory settings.
This eliminated the “unlimited stock” problem (see screenshot 2.41.59). It shows 11 tickets are available and that is correct.
However, it added this feature (see screenshot 2.41.51) which tells customers how many tickets are left. The issue is that this is not the correct number of tickets that are left. It seems to be adding the # of tickets available under the events>ticket section (see screenshot 2.43.02) and the # of tickets available under the products>inventory section (see screenshot 2.42.36). This is where it’s pulling the 26 tickets available from.
When I disable the stock management the ticket stock reverts back to the “unlimited available.”
Does this ring any bells? 🙂 Thank you!
Thanks for reaching out! We appreciate your patience, as we’ve been experiencing a higher than normal volume of threads!
In any case, we released a Maintenance Release of our plugins yesterday that addressed some stock issues which may resolve your issue. Would you mind updating and letting me know if the issue still occurs?
Let me know how it goes!
I ran upgrades, but the search results still show 26 tickets while the individual post shows the correct amount of tickets: 11. No clue why this is. 🙂
I’m sorry to hear that your issue has not been resolved with this update. I did some testing on my end and was unable to replicate the error. Can you take a screenshot of your ticket setup on the backend so I can run some further tests with the same setup?
In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
This is usually because of:
1. A conflict with another plugin
2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating
When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.
A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.
The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.
Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.
But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:
1. Make a backup of your database
2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)
Also, can you try creating a new test event/ticket and see if the same issue still occurs with no other plugins activated and a default WordPress theme?
Let me know how that goes!
This is a lot of work on our end to troubleshoot the issue, my goodness. I already tested and ran backups and turned off the plugins and all that jazz. Those were my first steps before contacting support. I turned it off and turned it back on again, as it were. 😉
But I will consult with the client and see if we can’t do some of the other suggestions you made and report back.
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team