Unable to Restrict Ticket Selector

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Unable to Restrict Ticket Selector

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Citarello
    Participant

I am currently using Events Calendar Pro / Event Tickets Plus with the EDD ecommerce solution and Restricted Content Pro also from the EDD group. I am seeing some unexpected behavior…any item restricted in the system should redirect the non-member to the login screen. I am not however seeing this with your product(s).

First, the Events List Widget displays the event when it is restricted, and it does take me to the login screen if I attempt to view it from the widget. (See “After Hours Soiree” on my home screen for reference).. The Events page however does not show the event at all if/when it is restricted. My expectation would be that the event would not show up in either list when it is restricted and no user is logged in OR the widget and event page would list the item, but send you to the login screen should it be selected from the widget, or the “view more” link on the event page.

Second and more important issue is this. With the ticket (ie “EDD Download”) restricted, the ticket is still displayed on the screen when the individual event is selected and displayed. The one notable thing that is happening is that when “non-member” user attempts to add a tickets (or tickets) the the cart for purchase the “non-user” is presented with the “Your Cart is Empty” page and not being redirected to the login screen as it should be doing. Please advise on this as well.

If you need a login for testing please let me know and I will provide one privately.

Thanks.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Incidentally, RCP does have some shortcodes available to restrict content, but I can’t seem to figure out where to place them in order to restrict the ticket selector. If this is a viable solution, maybe you can assist me there?

Cliff

Hi, Joseph. Thanks for your detailed question.

I think you might find some success following our Themer’s Guide.

You could use a PHP function or the shortcode in your customized version of the applicable template file(s).

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Cliff,

This being third support request for support your organization has simply “punted” down the road, can you please tell me how to get my support money refunded? This is honestly some of the worst technical support I have ever received in my 25 or so years as an IT professional. I replaced Event Espresso with this product with some hope that your support would be better, but since purchased in July I have been severely disappointed. Note that I did request this money be refunded with my first attempt at messaging your support group, but did not get a response.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

Cliff

Joseph, sorry you’ve been disappointed with the responses you’ve received.

I reviewed that other thread you linked to in your previous reply. I see Shelby tried to go above-and-beyon our Scope of Support / Terms and actually provide you some site-specific CSS, but it still ended in her suggesting seeking the help of a developer.

Additionally, in this thread, you were asking how to integrate with another plugin (RCP) and this again falls outside our normal scope of support.

If you really want a refund, please complete our Refund Request Form and link back to this thread for reference.

If you’d instead like me to try to assist you further with your customizations, I’d be happy to try to get you further down the road (providing some snippets) as long as you have the understanding that I cannot guarantee that I can provide all the customizations you’d want.

Let me know if you’d like to pursue the refund or if you’d like me to assist more toward accomplishing your customizations.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Cliff,

I think I am gonna pass in lieu of finding something that requires less “customization” to suit my needs. This “kicking the can down the road” model of support is just not working for me.

Thanks anyway,

J.

Cliff

I understand. Please complete that refund request form, as mentioned in my prior reply, and they should be able to take care of you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to Restrict Ticket Selector’ is closed to new replies.