Unable to load ics unless its via URL & recurring events not tied together

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Unable to load ics unless its via URL & recurring events not tied together

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cityofpoco
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem as it is described here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/error-message-on-importing-an-ics-file/

However, my plugin is up to date and I’m still having the problem. I can import the ics if it’s via a URL. How do I resolve this?

Secondly, my ics defines a recurring event. But, after the import, each occurrence is its own distinct event rather than being one event that has a recurrence. Is this a bug or by design? How do I associate them all to a single event with a recurrence?

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Ed,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry you are having this issue with importing the file. I tested it and can confirm it doesn’t go. Can you share with me the feed as well, so I can test that?

Also I’d like to ask you to share your system information with me.

As for importing recurring events as recurring events, that is not a feature of our plugins yet. All recurring event instances will be imported as separate events.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Cheers,
    Andras

cityofpoco
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

cityofpoco
    Participant

Thanks Andras. I’ve updated to Pro Version 4.3.3 and it works now. Thanks for your help.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Ed,

Great, glad it helped! I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else, don’t hesitate to open a new topic.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to load ics unless its via URL & recurring events not tied together’ is closed to new replies.