Help Desk

Error message on importing an ICS file

The complete error message is:
    “There was an error fetching the results from your import: The import parameters were invalid.”

.. and it occurs having clicked “preview” after uploading an ics file (from another events calendar site).

I had a similar problem yesterday – but the error message was different and said something about the possibility of a problem with the aggregator server.

Is there a problem with this at the moment? It was working fine before yesterday, but it has been a few days since I last imported an ics file.

Many thanks.

Hello Sally,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I’m really sorry you are experiencing an issue with Event Aggregator.

To be able to help you with this could you please share with me the feed / file that you are trying to import? This way we can look at it and test it to see what the issue could be.

Looking forward!

Thanks and have a great weekend,
    Andras

Thank you!

I have attached both the file and also a screen shot.
    I hope these are helpful.
    Thanks again

PS You will see the error message has now changed back to the original one.

Hi – I wanted to let you know that I was able to resolve this by copying the url of the export, and using that instead of the ics file itself. It works fine if I use the url, but not when I try to import the ics file.

So – I can work with this method instead very easily, but it does look like there is a problem you may still want to investigate?

Hi Sally,

Thanks for reporting that. Indeed there was a small issue with the server, which has been fixed. Could you please give it a test and let me know if you are still getting that error message?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Hi Andras,
    Many thanks indeed, and I can confirm that it now works.

Great, glad to hear it works!

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else, don’t hesitate to open a new topic.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!