Unable to import your Eventbrite event.

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Unable to import your Eventbrite event.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pascha Apter
    Participant

I keep getting the message “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.”

I have gone through and made sure all API settings are setup correctly both in the plugin within wordpress admin and on the eventbrite account page.

The only thing I did not understand that I have come across is this deal with the user key?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/import-event-not-working/
    https://www.eventbrite.com/userkeyapi/?ref=etckt

So I was able to view my user key and it tells me that I should make sure to have an Eventbrite API key input in my user profile settings. What user profile settings? On the wordpress admin? On my eventbrite account? I cannot find any user profile settings either place where there is a place to enter a user key? And how is this user key different than the API key and secret?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Pascha Apter.
    Hunter

Hi and welcome back 🙂

Sorry to hear about the issue. If you jump to step #7 on our ‘Configuring Eventbrite Tickets’ Knowledgebase article, it states you’ll need to copy the App Key and Client Secret (provided by Eventbrite after creating your key) and paste them into their corresponding fields on your WordPress site under Events > Settings > APIs.

Please let me know if this helps get everything working properly. Thank you for reaching out and have a great Thursday.
    Cheers!

Pascha Apter
    Participant

Right – I have already done all of that, but this user key is something completely different. Either way I am having intermittent issues here. I can enter in a few events at a time and then I keep getting that error “We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.”

Hunter

Welcome back and sorry for the confusion. Can you send a screenshot of what you’re describing when you say:

“but this user key is something completely different.”

Also, does this issue still occur after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide? We need to rule out the potential for a theme and/or plugin conflict, so let me know if you’re able to replicate the problem with the default theme and only our plugins active.

Thanks for the update,
    Cheers!

Pascha Apter
    Participant

Per the links I included in the original post – see attached.

Pascha Apter
    Participant

Per the second link:

Your API User Key

(22-digit number is displayed here)
    What is an API User Key?

The user key is a unique string assigned by Eventbrite which identifies the user making an API call.
    This replaces basic username/password authentication
    A valid user key is the recommended method for user authentication with the Eventbrite API.
    How is this different than an Application Key?

The application key is a string assigned by Eventbrite which identifies the application making the method call.
    You might have many application keys, but you will only have one user key.

Hunter

Hi Pascha,

Thanks for sending over the screenshot. Are the events that aren’t importing properly set to ‘Private’ on Eventbrite? If so, this could be the reason they’re not importing. And the post you’re referring to is over 3 years old, so let’s try and stay away from that as it’s more than likely irrelevant at this point.

From my experiences setting up this plugin on multiple occasions, I don’t remember any ‘User Key’ you’re referring to. You simply have to ensure you have a valid license for our Eventbrite plugin (which you do) and it’s entered under your WordPress Events > Settings > Licenses. Then set up an Eventbrite account. Visit your Eventbrite Account Settings > App Management, create a New App, follow steps 4-6 from this article, copy/paste the App Key and Client Secret into the appropriate fields on your WP site under Events > Settings > APIs.

You need to be doing all this testing on the default WP theme and with no other plugins active other than ours to ensure you’re not experiencing a theme/plugin conflict. One other useful piece of knowledge is our ‘New User Primer: Eventbrite Tickets’ article. If you’re still experiencing the issue, you might need to look into hiring a developer to help out. We have a reputable list of customizers you can check out.

I know this isn’t the ideal situation, but seeing I’m unable to replicate the issue and we don’t have any logged bugs similar to what you’re experiencing, it’s more than likely a conflict in your dev environment which we’re not able to support per Forum Rules.

Thank you for understanding and keep me updated with your findings. Have a great weekend.
    Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to import your Eventbrite event.’ is closed to new replies.