Unable to create new recurring event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unable to create new recurring event

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

We are unable to create a new recurring event. The Recurring Events “Event Series” section does not show the “At” time or “Series ends” fields per the documentation.

Please see the attached screenshot for the screen we see.

Prior to a recent update of Events Calendar we were able to successfully create recurring events.

I believe this may be the same issue as reported here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/unable-to-see-options-for-recurring-events/

Current installed versions: Events Calendar – 4.4.3, Events Calendar Pro – 4.4.

Thank you.

Geoff

Hey Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry about the issue with recurring events here, but I’m happy to dig into this with you. 🙂

For starters, will you please update Events Calendar PRO to version 4.4.3?

The reason I’m asking you to update is because our plugins require that they are run on the same version as one another. So, in this case, if you are running The Events Calendar 4.4.3, then Events Calendar PRO will need to be running 4.4.3 as well.

Give that a try and then let me know if you continue to see issue with setting up recurring events.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Mark
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Mark
    Participant

Thank you, Geoff for the instruction to update both TEC and TEC Pro to 4.4.3. I will need to schedule a maintenance window to do that in the next day or two. Could we please keep this ticket open until I can get back to you after that?

Thanks.

Geoff

You bet, Mark! Our system does automatically close threads after 3 weeks of inactivity, but I am happy to leave this thread open in the meantime. If you think you will be cutting it close, feel free to post a quick check in as a reply and that will reset the time. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Mark
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I have upgraded both TEC and TEC Pro to 4.4.4, however now when clicking on the “Schedule Multiple Events” button, there is no response or action.

Please see attached for screen shots.

Thank you.

Geoff

Hi Mark,

Happy Monday — I hope you had a great weekend!

Thanks for following up, though I’m sorry to hear this is still an issue. Let’s keep digging together and see why recurring events are acting stubborn on your site.

As a next step, will you please follow the steps outlined in this guide? It’s going to walk you through a process where you will switch to a default WordPress theme and deactivate all non-calendar plugins.

The reason I want to do this is because the recurring events feature works on my test and I am running a default WordPress installation with the Twenty Seventeen theme and only The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO activated. Having you test in the same conditions will allow us to determine if a conflict with your theme or another installed plugin is causing the issue and, if so, help us locate it by re-activating each component one at a time.

Let’s give that a try and see what we find.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Mark
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to create new recurring event’ is closed to new replies.