unable to create events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events unable to create events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tucker
    Participant

Registered users are not able to post events, the only way we can post events is if I have the anonymous option selected. It keeps looping signed/registered users back to the screen and asks them to login. Now I do use a plugin called Social Login that allows people to register to my site using their social media logins. This was working till the recent upgrade on 5/1 now it’s not working at all. And $89 is a tad much for me to disregard and look for another calendar option. Also even when I’m signed in as admin through the traditional means of access wordpress I can’t create an event either.

Cliff

Hi, Tucker. Sorry you’re experiencing this. Thanks for your detailed message.

Did you confirm that deactivating Social Login resolves these issues and therefore confirm that it’s what is conflicting?

Could you also please provide a link to this plugin for our reference?

FYI: these are our recommended troubleshooting steps:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Tucker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tucker
    Participant

We just did some additional testing and it seems that both Facebook/Instagram does work in IE 11 and MS Edge but does not work with Chrome or Firefox.

Cliff

Thanks for reporting back, Tucker.

1. To be clear, the reported conflict is with with Social Login plugin from http://www.oneall.com/ — only when logging in with either Facebook or Instagram — and when also using Chrome or Firefox, correct?
    2. Did you also disable all other plugins (besides ours and Social Login) and still reproduce the issue?
    3. Did you enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and look at /wp-content/debug.log and see if that file exists when you reproduce this issue? If yes, please report back.
    4. Is there a way for us to test (i.e. try to reproduce the issue ourselves) for the Social Login plugin conflict that you described without having to sign up for a paid account?

Thanks!

Tucker
    Participant

I will enable those files and try my testing again, but honestly I this point I may just disregard the onecall plugin and just may the submissions available for anonymous users because I honestly can’t tell if it’s the plugin/the theme or what.

I’ll run a few more tests and follow up here.

Cliff

Sure thing. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Tucker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Tucker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

That video helps. FYI: I tested logging in, not registering.

1. Do you have WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG enabled when you experience what’s shown in your video? If yes, is there anything at /wp-content/debug.log file?
    2. Is there any way I’m able to install the plugin on my own testing site so I can try to replicate the issue?
    Tucker
    Participant

I believe I have that enabled I’ll double check and enable it as for the plugin you can install it and configure from https://www.oneall.com/services/social-login/

Cliff

Tucker, thanks for your patience as I investigated this issue.

Please be aware that we typically do not do conflict troubleshooting/resolution with third-party plugins, but we do like to go above-and-beyond every so often…

I got this setup on my localhost on Windows and enabled only Facebook and Instagram and my Registration page looked like this on Firefox: https://cl.ly/0p0u1Q0y2Q0R — note that it displays the “Connect with:” but neither of the two logos.

However, it looks like this in Edge: https://cl.ly/110x44172X3g — note that both logos do appear.

Therefore, I’d say there are issues with the OneAll Social Login plugin that should be addressed. Please report these findings, along with your own additional details, then report back to us once they’re fixed.

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Tucker
    Participant

I appreciate all that you have done at this point I have removed the plug-in and will search for another means for this situation as I love your calendar and plan on adding a few of the other products to it. Again thanks for all the help in troubleshooting this

Cliff

You’re very welcome, and thanks for the kind words!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘unable to create events’ is closed to new replies.