Unable to change Generate JSON-LD data setting for Event List widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Unable to change Generate JSON-LD data setting for Event List widget

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

Hi,

We have the Event List widget activated in our sidebar. We previously had activated the “Generate JSON-LD data” option to for the widget, but need to deactivate that option now. We unchecked the option and clicked “save” for the widget on the Widgets page in WP-Admin, however, the new settings are not saving. After clicking Save, the button for the Event List widget does not change to “Saved” (note that we can successfully save other widgets on our site). Then, if we click another navigation item in WP-Admin to navigate away from the Widgets page, Google Chrome displays the “Leave Site? Changes you made may not be saved.” popup notification.

Can you please share how we can manually deactivate the “Generate JSON-LD data” option for the widget? In other words, what file contains this setting and which line of code needs to be modified if we want to deactivate the option via FTP?

Thank you,
    Karly

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Karly,

Thanks for reaching out! I’d be happy to help with your question.

This was fixed in a recent update. Can you try updating all of your Events Calendar plugins to the latest versions and see if that fixes it for you?

Thanks,
    Sky

Sean
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Thanks for your reply. I am running the latest version of all plugins. Unfortunately, this issue persists. Can you please advise how this setting can be manually changed in the backend via FTP (which file and what line of code) until the issue is fixed?

Thank you,
    Karly

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Can you please provide me with your latest system information?

Also, make sure to clear any caches after updating.

Thanks,
    Sky

Sean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the updated information.

Can you try deleting the existing list widget and recreating it, and tell me if that changes anything?

If not, the next step I would take is to run through the troubleshooting steps outlined in our Testing for Conflicts Guide to see if this could be caused by a conflict with your theme or another plugin.

If you want to try and edit this within the database, you would want to look in the wp_options table for a key of “widget_tribe-events-adv-list-widget.” In the value for this key, any instances of the widget will have the value stored as a boolean value for “jsonld_enable.”

Hope that helps!

Let me know how the troubleshooting steps go.

Thanks,
    Sky

Mathew
    Participant

Sky,

Modifying the DB does not work. The widget will set the entry back to the enabled state.

It’s not a conflict. It’s a bug in ALL of the TEC widgets that have the JSON option. I’ve tested it all the way back to version 4.3. It has never worked since its inception.

Typically when you make a change in a widget you hit the “Save” button, then the “Done” button appears next to the “Delete” button. It appears after the settings have been written to the DB.

ALL of the TEC widgets do not display the “Done” button. Therefore when you move away from the widgets page you get an error and the options are not saved to the DB.

You can test the normal behavior of any of the default WP widgets and see the “Done” button appear. Then do the same with any TEC widget and notice the difference.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

This had fixed a few weeks ago, but it looks like the issue came back in a recent update. I have reopened the ticket, and attached this thread to it.

As soon as the fix has been released, we will follow up with you here to let you know.

Thanks so much for alerting us to this, and let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Sky

Sean
    Participant

Thanks for chiming in Matthew! The missing “Done” button was what was happening to us as well. Good to know that modifying the database is not a workaround.

Sky, thanks for reopening the ticket for this bug. We’ll be anxiously awaiting the fix.

Mathew
    Participant

Karly,

I found a filter in the List_Widget.php file that will disable the JSON on widgets.

It can be added to your custom functions.php.

// -------------------------
    // Disable TEC widget JSON
    // -------------------------
    add_filter( 'tribe_events_widget_jsonld_enabled', '__return_false' );

Please note that it will disable JSON everywhere there’s a TEC list widget.

Run your page through Google’s Structured Data Testing tool prior to the change and after to see the effect.

Hope this helps until the issue is resolved.

Sky
    Keymaster

Mathew,

Thanks for providing that temporary solution! I added that to the ticket so it can help other users with the same issue.

Sky

Sean
    Participant

Thank you very much Matthew, that is a big help! Really appreciate your assistance with this.

Best regards,
    Karly

Sky
    Keymaster

Karly,

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Unable to change Generate JSON-LD data setting for Event List widget’ is closed to new replies.