Trouble with Event Image Upload

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Trouble with Event Image Upload

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Danna McCormick
    Participant

Hello Events Calendar,
    URL: http://dcbydesignblog.com/events/community/add/

We had reports that the event file upload feature is not working. In my own testing, it appears to work fine if I’m logged into the WordPress dashboad (admin).

However, if I am not logged in, and attempt to create an event and upload an Event Image, an error message appears (screenshot attached) that says “File doesn’t exist?”

This appears to align with the Events 4.4.4 release

Geoff B.

Good evening Danna and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about issues you have encountered with the upload image button.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

There is a glitch in the CSS of the last release. Our apologies.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-image-upload-area .EventImage {
    left: 0;
    }

.tribe-image-upload-area input#EventImage:hover {
    cursor: pointer;
    }

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Danna McCormick
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks for your response. I’ve added the css, and it appears to be called (screenshot attached), but that does not resolve the issue. The error “File doesn’t exist?” still appears.

Thanks you,
    Danna

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Danna,

I am sorry that the issue did not go away.

In that case, I believe one of 2 things might be at play:

1. Something is preventing the image from being attached (perhaps a security feature).
    2. There is some type of conflict at play.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Danna McCormick
    Participant

Hello Geoff,
    Sorry for the tardy response. I suspect this issue is due to the WordFence firewall.
    In fact, I found my old ticket regarding the same issue (link below), but that’s not working because I can’t seem to get the parameters correct.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/has-this-issue-been-fixed-php-error-implode-using-recaptcha/

I’m going to submit a ticket to WordFence. However, have you not see this issue before? Am I the only person that using both Community Events and WordFence together?

Geoff B.

Good evening Danna,

Thank you for writing back.

You might be right. Security plugins when overly strict can impede many plugins proper functioning.

A quick test would be to temporarily deactivate all protection and undo changes made to .htaccess file by WordFence or to simply deactivate the settings one-by-one until you find a culprit.

To answer your question, I have not seen this specific issue before.

We do have many customers using both WordFence and Community events without any issue.
    I believe it is not so much WordFence as much as the settings of the plugin that might be causing the issue in your case.

Most likely the firewall part.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new Community Events release is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/community-events-4-5-refresh/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Danna McCormick
    Participant

Nico,
    Thanks so much for the heads up!
    However, I regret to report that issue still seems to exist. When I try to upload an image for the event, the error message returned is “File doesn’t exist?”

This is true even when the WordFence firewall is disabled, and the plugin is completely deactivated.

Would you mind testing this directly at http://dcbydesignblog.com/events/community/add/

Thank you!
    Danna

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Danna McCormick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Danna McCormick
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Danna McCormick
    Participant

Thanks Goeff,
    I will test and troubleshoot over the next few days and let you know what I find.
    I’d love to be able to report back an Aha! moment.

Geoff B.

Good evening Danna,

Awesome! Keep me posted!

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Danna McCormick
    Participant

Hello Geoff,
    So it appears that the offending plugin was W3 Total Cache, even after tweaking several settings.
    I went through all the steps to completely remove it, then installed WP Super Cache.
    Did further testing, and the image upload for community events appears to be working fine.
    All good!
    Many thanks for your help,
    Danna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble with Event Image Upload’ is closed to new replies.