tribe_the_prev_event_link infinite loop with recurring event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe_the_prev_event_link infinite loop with recurring event

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fabrice
    Participant

Hello,

i think i found a bug but i didn’t find anything about it in the forums.

when using the single prev/next navigation (<?php tribe_the_next_event_link( ‘%title%’ ) ?>) it seems there is a bug in the link IF using reccuring events AND there is another event starting at the same time.

for example: a reccuring event “meeting” start at 6pm every day AND next monday a “special event” at 6pm too..

Cliff

Hi, Fabrice. Thanks for your detailed report.

The only place I found tribe_the_next_event_link() in use is in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

Here’s a video of my local testing site where everything appears to be working fine for me: https://cl.ly/2f2d3g3C1s1a

If I did test it correctly, then it’s not a bug and you should follow our recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Fabrice
    Participant

OK ! Thank you for your support you effectively did well.

After some test i think i found the solution, i let you decide if it’s a bug or not !

in /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-common&tab=general in Timezone Settings > Timezone mode if i use “Use the sitewide timezone everywhere” it happen, but if i use “Use the local timezones for each event” the “problem” disappear and the navigation works as intended.

Cliff

Ah, yes. I was able to reproduce that. Thank you very much for that good find!

I’ve reported this bug to our developers.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Fabrice!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which we cannot reproduce the issue described here.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_the_prev_event_link infinite loop with recurring event’ is closed to new replies.