[translation process] venues will not be automatically mapped to other language

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [translation process] venues will not be automatically mapped to other language

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

We are using the event manager with WPML.

we have all our venues translated.

if i translate an event according to the workflow mentioned before [1] the venue will not automatically be remapped to the translated venue.

is this a know issue or some misconfiguration?

thx, michael

[1] https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/adding-an-single-event-to-an-already-translated-series/ and
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/httpstheeventscalendar-comknowledgebasecreating-translations-for-events-usi/

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to continue helping you with this topic.

The very first thing I would advise (after a database backup) is that you upgradeĀ the Events Calendar andĀ the Events Calendar Pro to their latest respective versions.

This will make the whole process a lot smoother.

Secondly, it appears that you are creating venues in advance (which is great).
    You are right, the venue might not automatically be populated (depending on a couple of things).

However, even if it is not, you should still be able to select the translated venue from the dropdown list in the translated event.

In fact, this is one of the suggested workarounds under the Venues and Organizers section.

Can you tell me if that workaround works for you (after performing the update) ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

geoff,

thank you for your reply.

we knew about the option mentioned, but it is not as smoothly as expected.
    regarding the update of the plugin: we are not yet in production and will do the updates right before we launch.

best, michael

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

Thank you for writing back.

You make a good point, we are still improving on how our plugins and WPML are playing together.

The goal, as you can imagine, is to have all of our plugins configured in a way that is pretty much seamless for our customers.

Thank you for your patience as we work on that.

Let me know if the update helps.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[translation process] venues will not be automatically mapped to other language’ is closed to new replies.