adding an single event to an already translated series

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO adding an single event to an already translated series

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

we are using the events calendar pro with wpml.

my workflow was roughly as follows:

1. create an event series with 3 non-pattern based event dates
    2. translate it according to your recommended workflow
    3. later we add another non-pattern based event date to the series in the canonical language

problem: the translated event series does not show the added fourth date.

question: what is the best way to have the new date also in the translated series?

note: acually for me it would be the expected behaviour that certain event and event-series attributes (eg dates, venues …) to be automatically in sync with the canoncial event entry.

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the challenges you have met while trying to use recurring events alongside WPML. I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Your process seems really great.
    I might recommend 2 extra steps to see if that helps:

1. After adding your new date, head over to the translation of the event and simply click on “Update”
    2. Head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

• Clearing WPML cache
      • Using ALL the cleanup buttons on that page
      • Re-saving your permalinks

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

ok, so let’s be more precise in the steps, because i connot reproduce it.

you wrote:
    > I might recommend 2 extra steps to see if that helps:
    > After adding your new date, head over to the translation of the event and simply click on “Update”

after adding two new dates and saving the event in the canonical language:
    1. in the events list view (backend, canocial language) i see four events listed for this series, the two initial ones showing the pen icon in the translation column. and two new ones showing the plus icon in the translation column.
    2. the events list view (backend) in the translated language i see two events listed for this series: just the two initial ones.
    2. if i select “edit series” in the canonical language, i see the edit translation link (pen). i click on this pen icon link to edit the translated series.
    3. according to your steps i just press the update button without changing anything in the translated series.
    4. still only two events in the englisch series.

> Head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.
    >
    > Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:
    > Clearing WPML cache
    > Using ALL the cleanup buttons on that page
    > Re-saving your permalinks

i’ve done so:
    1. Clearing WPML cache at WMPL -> support -> troubleshooting
    2. clicking any button in the clean up section at WMPL -> support -> troubleshooting
    3. re-save permalinks at (wordpress) settings -> permalinks

no change. still only two events in the englisch series.

do i have to add the new dates to the translated series manually?

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

I believe this is an indirect result of when we hit “translate independently”.
    The good news is that I believe I have a workaround for you.

Adding the recurrence rules manually will also work by the way.

In the translated event, head over to the Multilingual language setup section.

As it turns out, doing that seems to fix the issue.
    From that point on you only need to update the dates in the event in the original language.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B

Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

geoff,

thanks, this seeems to work for me.

several notes:

1. a good documentation for using tribe events with wpml would be great.
    2. the email replies from the support forum are confusing, as the skip certain parts of the answer, eg images. this confused me a lot – because initially i did not open the webview
    3. the webview of the forum previews the screenshots only partially. unless you open the screenshot in the lightbox you might miss the clue (see second screenshot above)

best, michael

Nico

Thanks for confirming this is solved now 🙂

Just wanted to give you a quick heads-up here as Geoff is out on vacation this week! Will ping him about your comments as they are spot on.

Best,
    Nico

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

First off, thank you for the taking the time to provide us with such constructive feedback.
    I am glad my workaround did the trick for you.

1. I will absolutely bring your points to the i18n team in order to improve our WPML documentation
    2. I will bring this up during our weekly team meeting to see how what our options are both for the email replies.

As a side note, whenever interacting in a forum interface, I highly recommend using logging in with your browser to interact (aka clicking on the link). This is true for most forums.

3. That is an excellent point.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘adding an single event to an already translated series’ is closed to new replies.