Translation of recurring events using WPML

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Translation of recurring events using WPML

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

Hello,

I have followed your guide for setting up the events calendar with WPML and creating translations for events using WPML.

The problem is that when I click the “+” button on the event list and proceed, after clicking “Translate Independently” on step 3, I always get a php timeout, even if I increase php max_execution_time to something really high. If I follow the same procedure but instead of clicking the “+” on the event list, I do it from inside the event (there is this “language” widget) everything works fine.

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to create translations for recurring events from the events list while using WPML.

I would love to help you with this topic.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Secondly, could I have a screenshot of the “Edit Event” screen of one of these recurring events ?

This way I will be able to reproduce your exact situation more accurately.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

Thank you for the theme files.
    This allowed me to conduct some tests and I am glad to report this worked fine on my end.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of a conflict with another plugin

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation of recurring events using WPML’ is closed to new replies.