Translation

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Translation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Scout San Damiano

Hi, I’m translating the whole The Events Calendar PRO in italian but the strings are always “waiting” so I still cannot use them into wordpress.
    http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects/tribe-events-calendar-pro/it/default/?page=1

Geoff B.

Good evening and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

We apologize for the delay. Your strings have now been approved.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Scout San Damiano

Hi, I now finished all the translations.

You have to approve them.

Then they will be automatically imported into wordpress or I have to manually download them?

Geoff B.

Good evening,

Thank you for writing back and for that great contribution.
    I just approved the remaining translations for the Events Calendar Pro strings in Italian.

Normally, these approved strings will be a part of our next the Events Calendar Pro release.
    But, if you can’t wait, you can simply download them manually.

As a side note, I did not find a the Events Calendar Pro license related to the email address you are using for this thread.

As a token of our appreciation for the translation work, we like to offer our customers with free licenses or extend their current license.

Can you confirm which email address should be tied to your license ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Scout San Damiano

This is because I’m doing this for a non profit organization, but with that account I couldn’t contact you to tell you there were strings pending.

If you appreciated my work and want to thank we can find something helpful for the non profit organization if it is possible 🙂

Geoff B.

Hey there,

Thank you for writing back.
    So in short you are giving back 😉

In all seriousness, I would totally like to grant you a personal license for a year for that organization if you are up for it (and you need it). Let me know what could be helpful.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Scout San Damiano

Sorry, my English is not so good so I probablu didn’t understand what you mean.
    For that organization, I already did the non profit program with you and we already had a free licence for the PRO plugin.
    So, what were you offering? 🙂

Geoff B.

Good evening,

What I am offering is one to provide you with a free license of one of our other products you might not already have (like Event Tickets Plus, Community Events or Filter Bar for example).

But, of course, that is if you need any of these 🙂

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Scout San Damiano

Ok, now I understood.
    Maybe there is something I would need.
    In the non profit organization website there is a page for each group/team, in which I use a google calendar to show their meetup (so each team can manage the calendar on its own).
    The problem is that the look and feel of the google calendar, on the website, is awful.
    Is it possible to use The Events Calendar to load a different Google Calendar in each page and use your calendar layout to show events?

Geoff B.

Good evening,

That is a great question.

There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. Using our Event Aggregator service: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/event-aggregator/

That lets you import from several Google Calendar feeds and assign each feed different parameters (e.g.: Event Category)

2. You could then display the calendar filtered by Category (each user is category in this case) using our awesome the Events Calendar Pro shortcodes
    3. Another idea (but I am not sure that fits your need) is to use Community Events https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-community-events/ this completely ditches the Google Calendar idea and lets every user manage their calendar.

Let me know if any of these ideas would work ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Scout San Damiano

I think that the first solution coul be better for one reason: I don’t have to ask to the other members to learn a new way of sharing events among them, they can still use what they are using now (Google calendar, iOS, etc) and the work is all mine, to fetch those calendars, use them to feed the events aggregator, and later filter the calendar by category so that each team only see its events in its website page, right?

Geoff B.

Good evening,

You can actually set the category assignment as part of each imported feed’s rules.
    Once the events are imported in the Events Calendar, the only thing left will be to use shortcodes or a customization to display only specific categories.

This can be done thanks to the Events Calendar Pros’ shortcodes:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

I would only need an email to tie the license to.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Scout San Damiano

So, I think it’s good for me.

There is only one thing left.

If I import those events, they will be shown in the main calendar?

Because they are private events and I would like to show them only in pages protected by password (in which I will put the shortcodes).

Beside, events created manually into wordpress should be visible to everyone.

Anyway, I the email for the non profit organization is [email protected]

Geoff B.

Good evening,

Perfect. But before going ahead, I would like to answer your final questions.

If I import those events, they will be shown in the main calendar?

The answer to that is yes, by default all events are viewable under the normal main calendar.

The good news, is that this can be worked around. Check out the following article on a related topic: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

Let me know if that is something you are willing to explore.

The other piece of good news is that we are currently working on a new project that I believe would be perfect for that very purpose. I would highly recommend getting on the newsletter http://tribepro.cmail19.com/t/r-l-jldktjz-dhtdiikdti-p/

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Scout San Damiano

What project is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation’ is closed to new replies.