Translate Custom Field Labels & Headings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Translate Custom Field Labels & Headings

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gregorian
    Participant

Hi

Is there any possibility to translate the custom fields labels & headings for a multilingual page with ECP?

Geoff B.

Good evening Gregor and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

It looks like you are using WPML. If that is true AND you are using String Translation, you should be able to achieve your goal.

To do this, you can borrow the same procedure that is used to translate date and time formats. You can read about this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

gregorian
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Thanks for your reply. I ticked the “Share system Informations”-Thing, that you now should have access to my system Informations.

I am not using WPML. For the translations I use WP Multilang (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-multilang/) It works for neary everything on my site but for the custom fields labels and headings of TECP. Is there any possibility to fix it with the WP Multilang Plugin? Or do I have to fix it with custom scripts?

Thanks for your help!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Gregor,

Thank you for following up.

Alas, we do not offer support for WP Multilang at this point.
    That said, we are glad and pleasantly surprised to learn that most of the compatibility works though.

Your best bet would be to reach out to the good folks behind that plugin and see what advice they can offer.
    As an alternative, you might consider switching over to WPML 🙂

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now, it’s the best one I have, unfortunately.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

gregorian
    Participant

Hi Geoff

As I didn’t find a solution to translate the custom field labels & headings, I bought now WPML CMS and installed all the features recommendet in the tec setup page with wpml. But I still haven’t found out, how I can translate my custom fields & headings in my filterbar. Can you help me please?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Gregor,

Thank you for writing back.

Since you are using WPML, I highly recommend reading and using the following guides: https://theeventscalendar.com/?s=wpml&submit=Search&post_type%5B%5D=tribe-knowledgebase

In your case, you will be interested in the procedure described here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-filter-bar-with-wpml/

More specifically, translation of custom fields and filter bar labels can be achieved via Translate texts in admin screens »

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

gregorian
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Thanks for your help! The translation of the filter titles I found via Translate texts in admin screens ». But is there any possibility to also translate the filters itself (e.g. Checkbox-Contents)?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Gregor,

I am glad to see you are making progress.

The short answer is that you can translate the filters too 🙂
    To achieve this:

1. Head over to Translate texts in admin screens » and look for  – custom-fields under – tribe_events_calendar_options
    2. Expand the items and check the fields you want to translate
    3. Scroll down and hit “Apply”

You will now find these to be translatable within the string translation interface.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

gregorian
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Many Thanks for your help and for your patience with me.
    Now I found the values of the custom fields where you described. I activated them and put in a translation in String Translation. But they still don’t show the right translation. Where could be the problem? Did I forget something to activate?

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

gregorian
    Participant

This reply is private.

gregorian
    Participant
    Geoff B.

Good evening Gregor,

I apologize for the delay answering.
    I ended up running very thorough tests on my install to try to get to the bottom of things.

Long story short, no matter how much I tried, I could not get the actual filter values to translate, only the filter titles.

On the plus side, we are currently working with the folks from the WPML team so there is a fair chance that this will become available in the not too distant future.

I truly wish I could have made this work.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Translate Custom Field Labels & Headings’ is closed to new replies.