Titles show up vertically, not horizontally, in dashboard

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Titles show up vertically, not horizontally, in dashboard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kristine
    Participant

Hi – In my dashboard when I look at my list of events, each event title shows up vertically. Like this:
    H
    E
    R
    E
    I
    S
    A
    N
    E
    V
    E
    N
    T

This makes it really hard to view and edit. I contacted my theme’s support and they said it was an issue with the plugin. Can you help me fix so I can see the titles normally? I couldn’t find any past tickets on this.

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Kristine,

Really sorry to hear about this!

We cannot log into customer admins for any reason whatsoever, so unfortunately to get a good look at the issue, can you share a screenshot of the page where you have things in this vertical format?

You can do so by uploading the screenshot to Imgur.com, Flickr.com, CloudUp.com, or any similar image-hosting site; then just share the links to those images here and I’ll take a look.

Next, can you post your System Information with us here? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thank you!
    George

Kristine
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you for this information, @Kristine—there’s nothing that stands out as outright problematic in your information, so after looking at your screenshot I think the core of the issue here is that your Post Type list table for “Events” has too many columns.

This means that the horizontal space for the table cells is limited, so the text is squeezed so much as to be vertical like you are experiencing.

To help with this, you should be able to see a tab in the top-right corner if your wp-admin sreen—the one which you took a screenshot of, I mean.

When you click this “Screen Options” tab, a drawer of check boxes should be revealed. Each check box corresponds to a column—so if you uncheck any unnecessary columns, that should open up space here for the text to display normally.

I hope that helps!

— George

George
    Participant

Hey @kristine,

I actually don’t see the “Screen options” tab in your screenshot—this could be just a result of some cropping or something.

However, there could also be a code conflict on your site that is preventing that tab from showing up. If you cannot find this tab, I would recommend running through the complete set of steps here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

After each step in that process, view that same screen in wp-admin and see if the screen options tab appears anywhere along the way. You can learn more about the screen options tab here → https://en.support.wordpress.com/screen-options/

Let me know what you find!
    George

Kristine
    Participant

Thanks, unchecking some boxes did the trick.
    Take care!

George
    Participant

Glad to hear it!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Titles show up vertically, not horizontally, in dashboard’ is closed to new replies.