Title now includes "Events Archive"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Title now includes "Events Archive"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hello,

Not sure when this started but I just noticed that the <Title> of my site now says “Events Archive – On In Melbourne”. I don’t think it always said this, but I was using Event Rocket to show the main page but have since changed it to a redirect to /events/

Any thoughts on how to remove the “Event Archives”?

Thanks!

Glenn.

George
    Participant

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like there are a few things to consider here, so first I want to make sure things are configured correctly so that we can figure out what’s up with your site title.

1. Is Event Rocket still activated on your site at all? If so, please remove this plugin. It has not been maintained or updated in a very long time and is no longer an active plugin. It has also never been an official plugin of ours, so it could be interfering with things.

2. You say, “but have since changed it to a redirect to /events/”—do you mean that you are using Event Rocket to make this redirect happen? Or are you doing the redirect some other way?

3. Do you have a “page” in your wp-admin that is titled “Events”? Whose slug is /events/? If so, delete this page; The Events Calendar’s /events/ feed is not a page, but an “endpoint” where events content is generated, and if there is a page there it could interfere with things.

4. Finally, for now: can you please post your site’s complete, un-edited System Information to this thread? Here is how to do that ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thank you!
    George

Glenn
    Participant

George,

Removing Event Rocket without providing alternant solutions for what it provides is not ideal. I was using Event Rocket to display the Photo’s page as the landing page. Also to provide [event_embed categories = “LongRun” limit=7] to list some photo views as a widget. (This is also ongoing currently). Event Rocket needs to stay until we sort out solutions for what it was doing.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/updated-to-4-4-and-front-page-view-not-working-in-safari/
    This was the discussion to get the redirect working. It is what I implemented. I’m 90% sure that the page title for the site did not include “Events Archive”. (So 10% chance it has always been there and I just didn’t notice it.)

There is no page called Events and there don’t appear to be any slugs of that name either.

I will attach my unedited system info – but I really want to edit it now for some reason! 🙂

Regards,

Glenn.

Glenn
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Glenn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Glenn
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Title now includes "Events Archive"’ is closed to new replies.