Time Zone Issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Time Zone Issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Hi – I just purchased Event Aggregator as well, and am having the exact same issues as Tracy. All events are showing UTC time instead of the source calendar listing time (EST) no matter what I change my site wide timezone to in my WP settings. Importing directly to iCal works just fine.

Here’s the feed – https://gracechristian.onthecity.org/groups/75850/ical_feed?uuid=40fd7866e834f96aa9ca68ee3449c893c53da330

Here’s the result of that feed on our website – http://gracechristian.com/events/

Also, some recurring events aren’t even showing up at all unless you change the site timecode to UTC. If the site code is correct (EST), these events disappear completely.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Alan

Hunter

Hey Alan 🙂

Welcome to our premium plugin forums and sorry to see you’re having troubles. I’ll provide a few helpful resources below in regards to timezones.

• http://pastebin.com/vPEZaCAb – Converts imported events date/time to the site timezone when the imported event has no timezone defined. The snippets assumes those events are UTC. It will surely needs some love and refinement, but it works. Add to your theme’s functions.php file to implement.
    • Working with timezones

Before I can test the issue myself, I’ll need you to please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings. Please include your System Information as a private reply.

Thanks for understanding and have a great rest of your day!

Alan
    Participant

Hi, Hunter

Thanks very much for your reply and information! Josh Mirabella (copied on this email) is our developer for this site, and who chose your product to enable the calendar function for us. He tested the snippet you shared in the functions.php file, but it wasn’t successful. I’m writing this to add Josh to the thread, and get him directly in touch with you, in order to get the issue resolved.

Thanks again very much for your help with this.

Hunter

I’m not entirely sure if you can link in people by email, so you may need to temporarily provide him your login credentials so he is able to get in touch with us. Thanks and let me know how you’d like to proceed. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Time Zone Issues’ is closed to new replies.