Time format when creating events only uses 24 hour

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Time format when creating events only uses 24 hour

• This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

Similar to https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/change-24-hour-time-format-when-creating-event/, the time format in the admin create event form only displays the 24 hour time format.

I have confirmed that my settings for time format are set as suggested.

Looking at the code that builds the meta box /the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/events-meta-box.php lines 92 and 107 both try to set the format:
    <?php echo Tribe__View_Helpers::is_24hr_format() ? 'data-format="H:i"' : '' ?>"

Looking at the timepicker docs (http://trentrichardson.com/examples/timepicker/) the default format is “HH:MM”, which is 24 hour.

I replaced the above code with:
    <?php echo ( ! Tribe__View_Helpers::is_24hr_format() ) ? 'data-format="hh:mm tt"' : '' ?>

This works well and respects the WP time formatting setting.

Hunter

Hello and welcome 🙂

I’m happy to see you’ve found a working solution. Are you aware of our Working with timezones tutorial? If not, please take a moment to review it and let me know if anything you end up trying has the effect you’re looking for.

I checked our logged bug reports in addition to my test site and am not seeing the same behavior you’ve described:

Please let me know if you’re able to get things squared away and have a good evening. Cheers!

Lisa
    Participant

Here’s what I’m seeing. The choose time pop-up defaults to 24 hour format.

Hunter

Can you send a screenshot of your WordPress Admin Settings > General > Timezone and Events > Settings > Display > Date Format Settings screens? See screenshots below for example:

Thanks 🙂

Lisa
    Participant

see attached

Hunter

Thank you for sending over the screenshots. Does this issue occur on both the front-end (Community Events Add event page) and back-end (add/edit event page)? I set my WP and Event-related timezone settings to the same as what you’ve shared with me in the screenshots and am still unable to reproduce the behavior.

Can you send your System Information as a private reply? It might be worth reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide to see if there is a possible theme and/or plugin conflict causing the odd behavior.

I’m still not seeing any logged bug reports matching up to this issue which leads me to believe there’s something going on within your own setup. Keep me posted and thanks again 🙂

Lisa
    Participant

This reply is private.

Lisa
    Participant

The Community add event form works as we expect. The back-end event form is where the javascript datepicker is in question.

The jQuery date/time picker is included as part of the Events Calendar. It is defined as an asset in \the-events-calendar\common\src\Tribe\Main.php line 198, enqueued in \the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Main.php line 1897, and specified as a dependency of events-admin.js in \the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Asset\Admin.php line 17.

Hunter

Thank you for the update and your patience while I further consulted with some fellow support team members. Before I’m able to provide any more support, can you please review the Testing for conflicts guide in it’s entirety and reply back with what you learn?

Thank you for understanding and I look forward to getting things squared away once and for all. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Lisa
    Participant

I’ll work on the conflict testing this weekend and let you know what I find.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Lisa,

I’m helping out Hunter with solving this issue.

Please do let me know the results of your conflict test.

Just want to draw your attention to one thing. In the below screenshot you shared the timepicker looks a whole lot different than our built-in version. It seems as if some javascript timepicker popup would be at play.

And here is how ours looks like out of the box:

Cloudup 4pnb1gcdunc

Make sure when you are doing the conflict tests to also disable any custom codes and templates you might be using.

Looking forward to helping you solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lisa
    Participant

The offending plugin is Edit Flow. This can be closed and I’ll work with them to find a resolution.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for getting back to me on that and I’m super happy you managed to find out about that conflict. That will also help us in the future.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/reviews/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Time format when creating events only uses 24 hour’ is closed to new replies.