Tickets not showing up in backend or frontend using WPML

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Tickets not showing up in backend or frontend using WPML

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Frank.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

I’m using WPML to translate my Website. Now I came across the issue mentioned here

I have the same problem, tickets I create in the backend don’t show up. It just says “tickets saved” but they don’t appear in neither backend nor frontend. The described workaround in the video helped for my website’s main language. So in german, I can create a ticket, go to wpml settings, press “save” in the “custom post types” section et voilá – there it is. But this doesn’t work for the translations of the event, e.g. french. If I deactivate all WPML-Plugins, the ticket shows up as usual. As soon as I reactivate it, its gone again. I’m desperate for a way to fix this! Or even a workaround like the one above would help me a lot!
    If you guys need access to my site, just lemme know.

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Frank and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

What is going on is that we do not offer official compatibility for Event Tickets Plus or Event Tickets while using WPML. At least not yet.

You can read about it here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

The good news is that we are working on that.

The other good news is that there is an unsupported manual workaround available: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-tickets-plus-integration-with-wpml/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Frank
    Participant

Hello Geoff, thanks for the reply.

I followed all the steps mentioned in the post you pointed me to. My Events translate properly, that all works fine. The tickets never show up though.
    I made sure

• all the required plugins are installed
    • my setup matches the one described in the first link of the other post
    • my event is created as described in the second link
    • I dont use the ?lang function

But the “set language information” doesn’t make the ticket appear. I also did all the other support tasks from the support page, to no avail.
    Further recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
    Frank

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Frank,

Thank you for writing back.

As mentioned, we can only provide a very limited amount of support for this as it’s not officially compatible.

With that in mind, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, could you try hitting ALL the buttons under the Cleanup section of the troubleshooting page ?

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Frank
    Participant

Hello Geoff.
    Thanks for staying on this topic. But I got some good news: I finally made it all work out. The secret that helped me was activating the WPML WooCommerce Multilang Plugin. I thought I don’t need it as I don’t sell tickets, I only do RSVP. After that I cleaned up everything and from then on, all my tickets appeared as expected. I don’t even need to do the workaround anymore.

For all others interested in the matter, the setup that works for me is as follows:

• Install ALL WPML Plugins
    • Configure WPML as described here
    • create events as described here
    • hit all buttons from the support page of WPML

The tickets should work. You only have to manually translate the Additional Fields, which simply means creating a Fieldset for every language.

Another Info: I’m using the ?lang-function, works as expected, no problems so far.

Thanks for the great support, I really appreciate it!

Cheers,
    Frank

Geoff B.

Good morning Frank,

I am super stoked that you got the unofficial workaround up and running.
    Kudos on that!

As a side note, I would actually recommend the directory-based approach of handling language (as opposed to ?lang= method).

This usually makes the plugin run much smoother, not to mention it is much better SEO wise.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets not showing up in backend or frontend using WPML’ is closed to new replies.